Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Nitto Mud Grapplers are Badass!!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Nitto Mud Grapplers are Badass!!

Went wheeling in Arizona with Off Road Evolution over the weekend and got to see, yet again, just how badass badass Nitto Mud Grapplers are. In these pics, you can see them traversing a vertical rock face with just the shoulder lugs alone...

Tracks left behind from a Nitto Mud Grappler traversing this rock face with just it's shoulder lugs.

Nitto Mud Grapplers biting into this rock face and pushing forward.

They may be loud, but in my experience, there aren't too many tires that can do this. I think I may have to get a set the next time around
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome picture and jeep. I saw some other pics on Off Road Evolutions facebook over the weekend.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

nice!

i'm thinking of getting some nitto's after my cooper stt's wear out.... not really happy with them :-(

anybody got some expirience with the Nitto Trail grapplers?

cheers
Andy
Old 11-29-2011, 06:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by AndyJK
nice!

i'm thinking of getting some nitto's after my cooper stt's wear out.... not really happy with them :-(

anybody got some expirience with the Nitto Trail grapplers?

cheers
Andy
we've tested out a set of 35's before and they were awesome. needless to say, we just picked up a set of 37's for our new JK.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I went with trail grapplers for the fact that I think they will last longer with street use. I love the mud grapplers but they are soft and wonder how long they would last on a jk. They are bad ass tires though...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can anyone with the Nittos talk about how many miles you will get out of them? I want 35's but they get pricey and my wife holds the purse strings (along with me giggle berries) and will need convincing. I have an 07 Rubicon that is my DD, I am on original tires with 55,000 miles and still have good tread. The current tires have been my longest lasting off road tires in 9 years of owning Jeeps. Not expecting a repeat, but don't want to invest in a 20,000 mile tire.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

thx for the info
Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by eodguy789
Can anyone with the Nittos talk about how many miles you will get out of them? I want 35's but they get pricey and my wife holds the purse strings (along with me giggle berries) and will need convincing. I have an 07 Rubicon that is my DD, I am on original tires with 55,000 miles and still have good tread. The current tires have been my longest lasting off road tires in 9 years of owning Jeeps. Not expecting a repeat, but don't want to invest in a 20,000 mile tire.
BFG MT's wear like iron and if longevity is a must, they are what i would go with again. nitto's and toyo's are essentially the same tire and we were able to get about 40,000 out of our toyo's. i would imagine the same is true with nitto.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the Trail Grapplers and Mud grapplers are composed of the same materials as their all terrain the Terra Grappler, then yeah you'll get 40-50,000 out of them on a DD and they aren't beat up off road too bad. My Terra's lasted me 45k and i still sold the four of them for $360 bucks and i still see them on the same truck today, gotta be 55k on them now.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eodguy789
To get miles and driveability you want the Trail Grapplers. I ran the Muds and they are a sick tire, but on street as a daily driver loud and rougher. Your wife would smack you if she rode all the time with you in the Jeep with Muds.
My 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Nitto Mud Grapplers are Badass!!