Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Next Set of Tires: Why Are Yours The Best?

Old 11-20-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the Nitto Trail Grapplers? I have the Mud Graps and absolutely love them performance wise off road.

I have no idea about the Trail Grapplers, but they too have a nice looking sidebiter pattern. The site calls it a MT, but the pattern doesn't look much different from the 2 your are considering.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wonder how many gallons to the mile the dude on the right gets
Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am still trying to figure out what the purpose of the hitch mount is in front. Even with the small travel tires those things have it's probably 4 ft off the ground.

Ok sorry for the hijack.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

i'm going to subscribe to this thread. my main concerns are side wall strength, i cut 3 of my original BFG's so i'm scared to go with them again.

my short list is the toyo open country, and the kevlar. i have a buddy who runs kevlars on his TJ and they do great! i haven't seen anyone around here run toyo's. i hate wheeling in mud, but its a reality around here, i love rocks, but they are packed in mud, so how well a tires does in mud matters too.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by White Fang

Wonder how many gallons to the mile the dude on the right gets
If I remember correctly, I believe Joe [Miller - driver of the Iron Outlaw] had said that it gets about 6 - 7 gallons per mile , and that's running straight methanol. And we thought the fuel economy of the JKs were not good?
Old 11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Cepek

Here is my addition to the mix: Dick Cepek FC II

I have about 20k on them and they are wearing very well. They grip good, but do spin a bit in the hard, slick mud. Great in rain, haven't had them in snow or ice yet. They are "D" rated, so are probably a bit rough. I run them 28psi front/25 rear. No real chunking to speak of, but I'm not a rock jockey. No real negatives so far. But to be honest, these are my first 35, so they may suck and I'd have no idea.

Pics below: Cepek 315/75/R16

Old 11-20-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toad
I can only add to the Toyo collaboration. These tires are awesome! Heavy duty sidewalls and grip everything! I'm on my 2nd set.

Saw these in person, damn they look good. Anyone else with kevlars wanna chime in?
Old 11-21-2009, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ShawnJ
I love my MTR's w/ Kevlar. I never worry about cutting a sidewall. IMO there is nothing that compares right now.

ShawnJ - looks like Rausch Creek and Winch Hill(?) That damn rock (driver front) has cut many a sidewall.

I'm running BFG KM2s in 35 flavor. Off road they have been predictable & solid performers. On the road has impressed me (wet & dry).

Next set will either be Goodyear Kevlars (for stronger sidewalls) or another set of KM2s. Waiting to see how the Goodyears hold up for people.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

I have the Nitto Trail Grapplers and am happy with them so far. I don't many miles on them and only had them out on the trails twice but that have good road manors. And are quiet. They have done well on wet roads,, they have been good in the mud and clean well.
Have not had a chance to test the snow or rocks.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I am running 35" GY Kevlars on my 4 dr and they have been great. I took them in mud and water at the Pine Barrens last weekend and no slipping at all. I will get to test them on the rocks at Rausch Creek first weekend in December and will let you know how they did.

BTW, they are very quiet on the highway as compared to the 33" BFG KM's on my TJ.

Video on youtube of one the water holes: hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCn9wYl6NAQ

Last edited by phljeeper; 11-21-2009 at 06:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Next Set of Tires: Why Are Yours The Best?