Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Next Set of Tires: Why Are Yours The Best?

Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Ive actually been looking into the Toyos and the MTRs with kevlar, not too shabby looking. Btw do you have a few good picture with the Toyos on your jeep?
On mobi right now, I was considering the mtr's too, tire shop told me it'd be a month before they could get them in 37's. So, got the toyo . I'll post pics later tonight.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your running an AT, I assume you are at least slightly biased towards road manners.
Booth the BFG KM2s and the Mickey Thomson ATZ and MTZ are great on the road, have a more aggressive look and are solid offroad, although the KM2 rubber
compound is a bit on soft side so chunking and increased wear may not be comparable to the ATs.

They are also on the upper end of the price scale.

A better option in terms of value may be the Hancook Dynapro rf10 and the Cooper Discoverer STTs.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Got a picture of them on your jeep?
Keep in mind mine are M/Ts and not A/Ts... And these are 35s... That said, here are a few:

Old 11-19-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you are looking for a m/t with great street manners my vote is the toyo m/t all the way. working at a tire store i've lots of opportunity to drive different tires on different vehicles, and the toyos always impress. i was even able to stick a set on my wife's lifted nissan armada, and she didnt even notice the ride was different. they are truly a high quality tire, they take very little weight to balance, and i've never seen one come back with any kind of tire defect at all.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
On mobi right now, I was considering the mtr's too, tire shop told me it'd be a month before they could get them in 37's. So, got the toyo . I'll post pics later tonight.
For sure, looking forward to it
Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by norcalJK
if you are looking for a m/t with great street manners my vote is the toyo m/t all the way. working at a tire store i've lots of opportunity to drive different tires on different vehicles, and the toyos always impress. i was even able to stick a set on my wife's lifted nissan armada, and she didnt even notice the ride was different. they are truly a high quality tire, they take very little weight to balance, and i've never seen one come back with any kind of tire defect at all.
Good to hear, especially from someone with the merit. So far it seems like Toyo is winning most peoples vote, I'd still like to see the MTR Kevlars, probably go hit up the search pretty soon now that Ive got a little more time
Old 11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

nittos rule i think i have the muds but all thre tires are just great cant go wrong with them
Old 11-19-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my MTR's w/ Kevlar. I never worry about cutting a sidewall. IMO there is nothing that compares right now.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ShawnJ
I love my MTR's w/ Kevlar. I never worry about cutting a sidewall. IMO there is nothing that compares right now.

[IMG][/IMG]
LOVE that tread pattern, you got a side profile shot so we can check out the sidewall too?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

my km2s are muds, I know....
but they are a comfy quiet ride for MTs , and thought Id throw them into the mix. They wear very well, and grip everything.

also like the looks of the toyos and the new nittos.

how many threads did you start today?
going for a record?

Quick Reply: Next Set of Tires: Why Are Yours The Best?