Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Newly organized rear

Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newly organized rear

I've been trying so many different ways to organize the trunk area. Of course, the rear seat was the first to go. I bought the upper basket and my husband did all the custom work himself. I found a rail tie down system at the Off Road show that he made a custom bracket that bolts in where the rear seat did. He made the bracket for my air and my fire extinguisher is mounted to the right. The rear organizer is just textured coated reinforced peg board.

These are the rail. The tie downs are moveable.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

looks good!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

cool, looks good

could you post up some detailed pics of how the basket is mounted?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I'm a looki & I'm a liken!!

Well done. I need to take my rear seat out again & leave it out.
Thanks for posting up the great pics!!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

I like what you did with the tail gate! Did you just screw the loops to the panel?
Old 10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

I'll get more pics of the basket mount. He's actually reworking that so it will flip up if I have something tall in the back.

For the tailgate he used 1/4-20 rivets nuts (tool $16 at Harbor Freight, rivet nuts he got from Hanson Rivet supply). The rivets are put into the tailgate and they act as a nut. Then he drilled holes in the pegboard and used 1/4-20 bolt. This way we can remove the pegboard if I choose to move things around. The rivet stays in the tailgate and we just remove the bolt) I got a few of those Quick Fists and mounted those to the pegboard.
It's very solid. I had the problem of things vibrating loose after some very bumpy trails. This isn't going anywhere.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Christine

For the tailgate he used 1/4-20 rivets nuts (tool $16 at Harbor Freight, rivet nuts he got from Hanson Rivet supply). The rivets are put into the tailgate and they act as a nut. Then he drilled holes in the pegboard and used 1/4-20 bolt. This way we can remove the pegboard if I choose to move things around. The rivet stays in the tailgate and we just remove the bolt) I got a few of those Quick Fists and mounted those to the pegboard.
It's very solid. I had the problem of things vibrating loose after some very bumpy trails. This isn't going anywhere.
Ohh wow that is more involved then it looks! Thanks for the idea!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Closer pics of the bracket and how he mounted the tank would be great. Been working on something similar, and I love how that one is off the floor
Old 10-28-2010, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

Great job... functional & it looks awesome! A tilting basket mount would be brilliant!!! Not sure but it looks like you may have used bedliner on the outside of your hardtop. If so would you recommend it?

Quick Reply: Newly organized rear