Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Wrangler MT/R Review!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hummm how about (4) 315 75 R16? And are these all black or raised white lettering on one side?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The 315/75R16's are Black lettered. Great Avatar whpony96!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can these tyres be fitted so the tread is running the same way on both sides ? Why does one side have to run forwards and the other backwards?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

These are asymmetrical tires. There is an inside and an outside. They are only to be mounted outside out and inside in. There are a lot of advantages to asymmetrical tires especially in the versatile conditions that off-road enthusiasts put their tires in. Goodyear realizes that as you drive in different conditions certain areas of the tread carry more of the vehicles load than others. Because of this Goodyear has designed the tread to follow each sections function to give you traction where need it most.

Think of it like this. When you are on a trail, you are rarely driving with the vehicle level from right to left. Your vehicles weight is shifted to the sholders of your tires. When offroad you want large biting lugs so thats where goodyear has put their large biting lugs.

When you are on a highway or street the road is usually pretty flat. This centers the weight of the vehicle more in the tires center. On a highway you want a more solid type of tread with less gaps between the blocks. This is exactly what you will find in the inner center portion of the new MTR.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 06-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
These are asymmetrical tires. There is an inside and an outside. They are only to be mounted outside out and inside in. There are a lot of advantages to asymmetrical tires especially in the versatile conditions that off-road enthusiasts put their tires in. Goodyear realizes that as you drive in different conditions certain areas of the tread carry more of the vehicles load than others. Because of this Goodyear has designed the tread to follow each sections function to give you traction where need it most.

Think of it like this. When you are on a trail, you are rarely driving with the vehicle level from right to left. Your vehicles weight is shifted to the sholders of your tires. When offroad you want large biting lugs so thats where goodyear has put their large biting lugs.

When you are on a highway or street the road is usually pretty flat. This centers the weight of the vehicle more in the tires center. On a highway you want a more solid type of tread with less gaps between the blocks. This is exactly what you will find in the inner center portion of the new MTR.
Thanks for clearing this up , it makes sense now.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Is this promo still going? If so, do I need to talk to any certain person when I call in my order?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by havejeepwilloffroad
Is this promo still going? If so, do I need to talk to any certain person when I call in my order?
Right now, there is a $50.00 mail in rebate running on a new set of MTR's w/Kevlar through Goodyear. The matching portion has ended. As always though, JK members receive $50.00 off their total instantly when purchasing 5 tires
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

I know this is an old thread just wondering what the best price is on a set of four 285 70 17. Right now. If there's any discounts or rebates going on?
Thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by mghornet
I know this is an old thread just wondering what the best price is on a set of four 285 70 17. Right now. If there's any discounts or rebates going on?
Thanks

Currently there is a $50.00 dollar off on a set of Wrangler MT/R Kevlars.This offer is good until the end of this month - October.
A set would run you $1128.00 minus the mail in rebate.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

what kinda of milage can you expect out of these?

Quick Reply: New Wrangler MT/R Review!