Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New wheels and tires are on - XD Addicts with 35s

Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wheels and tires are on - XD Addicts with 35s

Finally got my wheels and tires today. I just recently installed my Teraflex leveling kit (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-kit-installed)

Ordered some 18" XD Addicts yesterday and they arrived today. My plan was to keep the stock tires for the summer, but once I saw some 35s up close, I had to have them.

I was going to go with 295/65/18 Duratracs, but those would take forever to get in (this Friday ) and I couldn't wait. So I went with the Trail Grappler in 35x12.50x18. I was a little worried about them being to big for what I am doing with the Jeep, but I think they will work out. I have yet to drive them on the freeway, but I'm praying that they will work as I really don't want to regear. On the 10 mile drive home, they were not as loud as I was expecting them to be and I didn't feel as much power loss as I would have thought.

I am still waiting for the 5th wheel to come in for the spare. Looking for a used tire to use as a spare as well.

We did remove the front plastic air dam for now. Will modify it and reinstall when new bumper arrives if it's still needed.

Here are some additional pictures

Before leveling kit

After leveling kit

Leveling kit with 35s
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Looks great. I remember you saying in your other post that you weren't planning on offroading any. That is a good thing, cause with just that leveling kit and stock bumpstops, those tires could get into your fenders really easily. And I would keep a watchful eye on that pinch seam as well. Definitely looks tough though. Those are by far my favorite wheels for the JKs.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Looks great. I remember you saying in your other post that you weren't planning on offroading any. That is a good thing, cause with just that leveling kit and stock bumpstops, those tires could get into your fenders really easily. And I would keep a watchful eye on that pinch seam as well. Definitely looks tough though. Those are by far my favorite wheels for the JKs.
The pinch seam looked good when we were test fitting them, but I might make an adjustment. I was thinking about changing out the bumpstops for now to be on the safe side. If I do plan to take it offroad, I will upgrade to the Teraflex 2.5" lift and just sell the leveling kit.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks great i like the setup...ps i love your color
Old 07-28-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let us know how the power is for you after you get it out on the freeway. Did you buy a superchips or procal yet to adjust the settings?

I am putting the TF Leveling kit on my Sahara soon, I love the look of the 35's but for my DD im still thinking 33's.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those look awesome!! Great choice!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the same wheels, love my Addicts!!!

Gotta get rid of that spare though
Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 74CJ5
I've got the same wheels, love my Addicts!!!

Gotta get rid of that spare though
The spare is on its way from Cali. The 4 other wheels they had locally. Hopefully it will be in by tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by banx
Let us know how the power is for you after you get it out on the freeway. Did you buy a superchips or procal yet to adjust the settings?

I am putting the TF Leveling kit on my Sahara soon, I love the look of the 35's but for my DD im still thinking 33's.
From my understanding, there is nothing available for the 2011 yet. Mine is all stock in the power department. I did take a quick drive on the freeway yesterday. Not nearly as bad as I though it would have been. This Jeep is slow normally, so it really wasn't an issue for me. My drive to work is 13 miles of side streets doing anywhere from 25-40 MPH. Tires are really impacting that.

This is my DD, but have other cars to drive as well. So for this I went more for looks. The 35s sure do look good, but I think I would have been fine with 33s too. My plan was to do a 295/65/18 Duratrac so I would have a great tire all around. If it snows bad around here, the Jeep will probably just sit and I will drive my F450 around as it has Duratracs. The 35s sure to get the looks.

And I'm still wating for my spare. Has not shown up yet.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:12 PM
jnj
JK Newbie

Default Nice wheels!

I'm also interested in those wheels. What is the back spacing?
Any rubbing issue?

Quick Reply: New wheels and tires are on - XD Addicts with 35s