Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Wheels!!

Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Wheels!!

In prep for the installation of my Teraflex 2.5" lift, I went out and got new Black Rock 17" rims to replace the stock 17 alloys that came with my JK. Was looking for something simple that wouldn't break the bank. 4.5" offset and should be easy to get a pressure wand through to clean after trail run. Yeah, you've seen wheels like this but just not on my ride! So here are a few pics! Do you think I would be able to sell the stock alloys in that subdued gray color that comes with the Mountain Edition?

Old 07-08-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Nice!! I dont think you would have any issues selling the rims. Lots of people like them with bigger tires. Speaking of... Are those the stock tires it came with on your new rims?

Looking good!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Looks great. Big fan of the Mountain editions and I don't think you would have any problem selling the stock wheels.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would defintly be interested in buying the stock ones....I loved them...
Im in NJ, USA though...

PM me if want to sell...

Last edited by WilKJ; 07-08-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice
Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't understand why you would buy the Mountain edition if you are getting rid of the stuff you paid extra for.

You must really love those stickers.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

Man I would have kept the Mountain Edition Wheel you got with it! Then once you tore those up enough you wanted to upgrade then I would have done something different.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Too bad you're in Ontario, I'd buy those wheels in a hear beat! I love them! The new ones look good though, just be sure to update us on the new lift
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thumper616
Don't understand why you would buy the Mountain edition if you are getting rid of the stuff you paid extra for.

You must really love those stickers.
I do like the stickers.....

Originally Posted by whpony96
Man I would have kept the Mountain Edition Wheel you got with it! Then once you tore those up enough you wanted to upgrade then I would have done something different.
The reason why I wanted to swap for steels is I had alloys on my YJ and they don't stand up very well on the trail, and let's face it. One nick or chunk out your alloy wheel will look like crap, on and off the trail. I'd much rather spend a few extra bucks and run steel than run wheel spacers.

I'm keeping the stock BFG tires, those are a great starting point without having to drop $ for new rubber. Bottom line is the wheels sell for $480/per (CDN) and if I can get something for them and roll it back into my JK in mods, then I am ahead of where I want to be. I'll get top $ for them simply because they have less than 1200km on them and are brand new.

Quick Reply: New Wheels!!