Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Toys Arrived today ... MG1388 .. Yeah Baby!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Toys Arrived today ... MG1388 .. Yeah Baby!

New Mean Green MG1388 200 A Alternator arrived today !!! SWEEET !! ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	MG1388.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	263478

Add the MG1388 to my Dual Batteries + Cole Hersee 48530 (200 A) and in the words of Tim The Tool Man Taylor --- Ugh Ugh Ugh More Power ...
Old 01-13-2012, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

MG1388 -- Installed .... Seriously took like 15 Mins ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	MG1388 installed.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	263526

Last edited by gadget799; 01-13-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my list of things to get in the spring! nice pick up
Old 01-13-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk.bushwacker
15min huh? i would prob stare at it for that long while i downed my first couple before i even got started

hows it run/sound/charge? headlights/dashlights brighter? what u like/hate or whatever...

DAMN than engine is CLEAN!!! what do u use 2 clean it?

Havent put to a full test yet .. need to finish installing the Big 3 Upgrade first .....

as for the Clean Engine .... small portable low pressure electric pressure washer, soap, water & various tooth brushes and bottle brushes... (yay yay kinda a border line disorder happing here lol)
Old 01-27-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

well havent tried the winch yet but the other night we had the:
Head Lights on
Fog Lights on
Window Lights on
Roof Lights on

Stereo (aftermarket 1400 watt System) Kickin out the bass and battery gauges never dropped below 14.2v ..

when i have a chance i will try to get around to testing the winch pull ..
Old 01-28-2012, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gadget799
in the words of Tim The Tool Man Taylor --- Ugh Ugh Ugh More Power ...

HEY!

I resemble that remark LOL!

Doing an alt myself soon actually (Different vendor) 250 amp no noise (Line frequency) Just need a liiiitle o.t to show back up and POW money spent!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

Lol cool ... I love mine no more always watching the battery gauge and found it was even better after doing the big 3 upgrade, not sure if it's just me but the jeep seems to even run better, seems to idle smoother ??
Old 01-28-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

I know I am sounding nutty but I have chased down "signal noise" on Dodge trucks for years. Irratic trans shifting and converter lockup along with fueling issues on diesels to be exact. Mother Mopar insists on using a ton of low voltage (5 and .5 volt) switched grounds in their ecm's and the root cause of erratic performance ... errand frequencies traced back to the charging system. And of course with rams equipped with either the Cummins or "magnum" engines (Pre-Hemi) with the cold weather package came with the upgraded 260 amp alternator. With larger charging capacity comes more windings and biger fields yaddah yaddah. Noise filters and such cured the problem

Now with our frikkin' "Intel inside" Jeeps (Again CanBus) systems and not too many of us running upgraded charging systems nobody really knows what issues may start showing up.... well you can see my cause for being cautious. Being all seems good on your end ... maybee I am going to go the mean green route for a few hundred less

Keep us posted eh?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

well i have had in for just over 2 weeks and the big 3 upgrade for just over a week and i have not heard any engine whine, interference, or anything, i was getting a little interference before on the stock system through my CB but i was able to get rid of some of it with the help of another member on here and a ground issue .. and now i have virtually nothing other than the typical static like everyone else, i used to have to run the squelch @ the 11:30/12 position , now its @ 8:30/9:00 ..i also noticed a major increase in charge time for the dual batteries the In cab isolator led comes on way faster than before, plus running @ 14.4v and above all the time sure makes my Stereo System Very happy

Quick Reply: New Toys Arrived today ... MG1388 .. Yeah Baby!