Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Stubby installed

Old 03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There really are talented folks out there.

The stinger/hoop is a little to far out for me. My wife would be in the ER all the time from walking around the front and crashing into it. She would be one big bruise.

Mike
Old 03-02-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments fellers,

I only got to work on it when i was able to access a welder and such. And i didnt know how far exackly the stinger would stick out since i didnt pull off the stock bumper til yesterday during the install. Funny thing about the tow hooks was i didnt have any bolts to install with and those are pressed into the hooks and dint want to budge. so i flpped them for a temp fix to my dilema... turns out they look sharp and will act like a mini skid.....lol i love it when acidents work out.

Ohhh and if you build your own bumper. the factory bolt pattern is an 1/8" different from top to bottom......why??? would they do that. and you need a hole atleast 5" tall for the frame plate.. i had to dismantle my chp saw to cut my holes bigger with no torch around.........lol man i had a tuff time and it didnt look good for my install....but i adapted an overcame as a true Jeeper would............hoorah!!!!!!!!:rotflma o1:
Old 11-20-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great

Quick Reply: New Stubby installed