Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New seats in 2012 jkur

Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be posting a product announcement for these soon. I'll start a new thread and post up in the JeepSWAG new product update thread too.

I'm pretty sure they come in 3 styles. Not sure how many colors.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Katzkins cost me $1100 ish installed with heated seat option JKU

Not kicking your seats. Pictures don't do justice I'd love to feel how soft they are if it remakes of the original
Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Chadc880
Katzkins cost me $1100 ish installed with heated seat option JKU

Not kicking your seats. Pictures don't do justice I'd love to feel how soft they are if it remakes of the original
It's cool, I know because in my 08 2door I did the katzkins upgrade" black with gray" so i know the quality difference.. I wanted to go all out with my 2012 rubicon unlimited and not do what I had already done.. Nothing against "katzkins" but it was just not up to my standards.. Also own a BMW Z4M can't tell the difference in leather now un like my old 2door..
Old 11-07-2012, 01:47 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Got some new details bout the Star Leather Seats.

3 - 4 hour install. You removed the seats from your JK, remove the cloth from the JK seats, then install these.

Install is easy and is designed for someone to do in their own garage.

Sell price is $1,200.

I should be getting some pics soon. Will post them asap.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
Got some new details bout the Star Leather Seats.

3 - 4 hour install. You removed the seats from your JK, remove the cloth from the JK seats, then install these.

Install is easy and is designed for someone to do in their own garage.

Sell price is $1,200.

I should be getting some pics soon. Will post them asap.
That's funny cuz I took it to 2 different upholstery shops to have them check to make sure it was "high quality " and they assured me it was! I didn't want to get ripped off.. also to instal they were charging me any where from $850-1,000 just for installing the liners.. Didn't want to pay for installing and said to my self how hard could it be.." Owning my own handy man construction company for 7 years now" Man was I wrong! It took me 6 hours for 3 days to finally finish the seats. so who ever told you it was 3-4 hours lol it didn't even take me that long to take all 4 out and Iwas ripping them off..
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I took this up with Star and here's how we see it.

Without instructions or the right tools the install could take you a couple days. Our new seat kits have detailed instructions and suggestions to make the install go smoothly. Depending on your ability, the install could take up to 8 hours but the average install should take 5 to 6 hours. If you don't feel comfortable or capable you can always have your local upholstery shop install them.

I'll install them for $400 front and rear.

FYI, I've sold over 1,700 suspension seats in the last three and a half years. I've re-covered my fair share and know what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by Johnny t
That's funny cuz I took it to 2 different upholstery shops to have them check to make sure it was "high quality " and they assured me it was! I didn't want to get ripped off.. also to instal they were charging me any where from $850-1,000 just for installing the liners.. Didn't want to pay for installing and said to my self how hard could it be.." Owning my own handy man construction company for 7 years now" Man was I wrong! It took me 6 hours for 3 days to finally finish the seats. so who ever told you it was 3-4 hours lol it didn't even take me that long to take all 4 out and Iwas ripping them off..
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Got some new pics.

Soon, I'll be starting a new thread with all the details, deals, promotions, etc....

Quick Reply: New seats in 2012 jkur