Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Rock Sliders & Insulated Hard Top

Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rock Sliders & Insulated Hard Top

Finally got the jeep washed and decided to take some pics of the recent mods. Rock sliders are from Crossed Up Offroad in AZ. They did an awesome job on them I think and they were very reasonably priced compared to others out there. Next will probably be their tube fenders which are awesome as well.

I also insulated my hardtop a while ago. Living in Arizona the jeep gets insanely hot and my head roasts from the top. So at a local shop i had a headliner installed. on the ceiling is a layer of board, then a heat shield insulator, and then car or in this case "jeep" headliner haha. I had them take just the headliner material down the sides of the top as well to get rid of the white. This is honestly how the tops should have came from the factory. It is amazing how much cooler the jeep is when sitting out in the sun, and it cools down ten times faster now as well. Overall it is a great investment and shoulda came like this stock.

Also made a little bracket so i can now mount my hi lift on my Purejeep rear swing-away.

Pics Below

Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does that insulation make it quiter inside the Jeep as well? Sure looks more finished than stock, like the look alot. Nice job!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the rock sliders they look good! I would love to get some good ones but purejeep and river raiders are way to much $ for me
Old 07-06-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Looks great, I really like those sliders
Old 07-06-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Does that insulation make it quiter inside the Jeep as well? Sure looks more finished than stock, like the look alot. Nice job!!!
Well its definitely no lexus inside haha but i definitely think it quieted down the inside a bit. Also the speakers sound better as well i think.. But ya it definitely looks complete now instead of that obnoxious white

I like the rock sliders they look good! I would love to get some good ones but purejeep and river raiders are way to much $ for me
Ya i love the look of these sliders. I like the extra protection on the body. I was wanting the PJ or RR as well until I saw these. These were in my price range. They were $500 painted, then he charged $100 for the install. The Are really strong! I cant wait to test them out!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Very nice!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avid Hunter
I also insulated my hardtop a while ago. Living in Arizona the jeep gets insanely hot and my head roasts from the top. So at a local shop i had a headliner installed. on the ceiling is a layer of board, then a heat shield insulator, and then car or in this case "jeep" headliner haha. I had them take just the headliner material down the sides of the top as well to get rid of the white. This is honestly how the tops should have came from the factory. It is amazing how much cooler the jeep is when sitting out in the sun, and it cools down ten times faster now as well. Overall it is a great investment and shoulda came like this stock.
Nice ride you have there.

So how much did it cost to have the liners done? I am curious as I did them myself, and hopefully it was worth it. You can see what I did here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-insulated-headliner-project-92384/

It is so much cooler/quiet I wish I had scientific measurements to describe it......
Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Nice rig.
Check out the four corners section there is an AZJkers Meet & Greet coming up real soon. You need to show off your new mods for all of us locals.
Cool. Ya I'll have to check that out! Need to find some people go wheeling with

Nice ride you have there.

So how much did it cost to have the liners done? I am curious as I did them myself, and hopefully it was worth it. You can see what I did here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92384

It is so much cooler/quiet I wish I had scientific measurements to describe it......
Wow I dont know how I missed your thread haha.. Awesome job! You definitely saved some money I think. Looks like you spent around $120 from your thread in materials. It cost me $600 at the shop. But they also continued the headliner down the sides of the top around the windows which was a decent chunk of the cost as well. So it woulda been a little less if I had just had them do the roof. Im glad I took it to the shop though as they told me it kinda turned into a PITA. I guess they really had to sand it to get the glue to adhere. So is the rest of your top just painted then? It looks great as well! I know what you mean about how much cooler the inside of the jeep is. I wish I had taken heat temperature readings before and after
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

Love the sliders and great idea on the insulation
Old 07-06-2009, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

the insulation was a great idea and looks awesome. and on a side note i don't think you can get tires any more shiny then yours. you need to get some mud on those things.

Quick Reply: New Rock Sliders & Insulated Hard Top