Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Red Rubi JK 4-Door

Old 03-06-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a Rubi, I debadged everything to give it a cleaner look. I put a clearbra on so i took off the Rubi sticker and i replaced it with a black Rubicon sticker last night. I think it looks 10x better. I take a pic today of it with the 1 in body lift and black sticker. I like the debadged look but the Rubi stick needs to be on there.

The SRT8 was totaled 2 months ago after a snow storm coming down a canyon, slid on black ice and went off the side of the road into a ditch. Its in heaven now. Link to the story and pics here:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12084
Old 03-06-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepin08
very nice! Love the red! How did you tint the lights? looks pretty good more detailed pics of the lights would be appreciated! Thanks
My friend tints cars and lights for a living so I had him do them. He says they were a bit harder to do but they look fine. I think they look better than stock. Ill take up close pics tonight for you.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are some pics of the tinted tail lights, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift and new black Rubicon sticker as promised. TF 2.5" BB and 35" KM/2's goes on Tuesday.

Lights:

Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

1" body lift and Stickers:

Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gather the SRT8 6.1L Hemi motor was totalled in your GC or can it still be salvaged out of the Jeep. If you can salvage the 6.1L Hemi...you think about buying the wreck and dumping the motor into your Rubi!!!

BTW...nice JK
Old 03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant211
thanks for posting pics of the tinted tails.

Looks like the guy that tinted your tails filled in the holes for the screws on the taillights... weird....
Yeah, i had him do that cuz i didnt want light peeking through at night when i hot the brakes, though it would look weird. Considering its a new car i doubt the light will burn out anytime soon and if it does then ill cut a small hole for the screws then.

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I gather the SRT8 6.1L Hemi motor was totalled in your GC or can it still be salvaged out of the Jeep. If you can salvage the 6.1L Hemi...you think about buying the wreck and dumping the motor into your Rubi!!!

BTW...nice JK
Yeah the buy back on the car was $10,000 so i decided no to go that way since id still have to install it, get a wiring harness and new radiator and then the warranty on the wrangler is toast too. If it was cheaper i was gonna swap in the engine, seats and rims. But that is all just wishful thinking.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default rubi stickers

Originally Posted by oneal
Good looking Jeep, congratulations
He sold them to me
Old 03-06-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Nice looking jeep, good luck with the build and keep posting the pics.
Does the windshield tint pose any problems w/ the laws out in Utah?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guinness
Nice looking jeep, good luck with the build and keep posting the pics.
Does the windshield tint pose any problems w/ the laws out in Utah?
It's illegal obviously but the only cops who care are highway patrol and i just roll my windows down if i see one of them haha.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 PM
AJR
JK Newbie

Looking real good RedRuby. I really like the Black Rubicon decals, nice touch!

Where about SLC are ya? I'm out way west in west valley.

Just out of curiousity, have any plans for those wheels/tires? I'm running the sad little bone stock pizza cutters and on the hunt for some new tires

Quick Reply: New Red Rubi JK 4-Door