Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Project!

Old 10-03-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Project!

Thanks to a new friend for the donation of my new project. The great cost of $0. Here is a really bad picture, but will try to get a better one tomorrow.

Tear down and cleaning starts in the next couple weeks. This will be my new/old rear dana 60. Ill get some more facts about it tomorrow. The axle was in great shape, the tubes straight, and only surface rust. The axle did not come with a ring and carrier, which is perfect because that would be getting replaced anyway.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joneszj
How are you getting the outers to work with all the JK electronics? I have an opportunity to buy 2 Ford Dana 60s out of a comp buggy, with the housing and gears only (5.13s) for $800. Guy that does a lot of the fab work and axle work on my jeep has them in his shop, and he was saying he'd just chop all the electrical do-hickies off. That would be fine and dandy if it wasn't my daily driver. But it is.

So how are you going to make this work?
Ill figure out the details when I get to that point. Long as the speedo works ill be fine while I figure it out. You only need one sensor to make the speedo work and the front axle will have that covered.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got the drums pulled out aand the hubs separated. Spindles look good, and its time to bore them out.

Quick Reply: New Project!