Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New mirrors and air horn and no doors in the rain

Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New mirrors and air horn and no doors in the rain

I know there are dozens of mirror solutions out there but this is what i got. Works really well for me and takes no time at all to take on and off.

I also added a blind spot mirror to the vents by the door, which others have done as well. those work great too. And when you dont want to see them you can just flip them around and there gone!

Being out in the rain with no doors wasn't too bad. Just pop the softtop up and watch out for big puddles.

I put in an air horn last weekend. Was pretty easy to install, once i figured out the reley i had wasn't working. I got a new one then everythign was smooth. I got a push button switch and placed it by my other swtiches just inside the door. I didn't have to drill anywhere to mount the compressor. There was a hole i took advantage of near the firewall end. The horns i zip tied for now. Its really study though. I was a little disapounted will the sound. Its lound... kinda but is a little high pitch. I was hoping for something a little less kiddy fairground train ride. I may look for another horn and see if it can work with this little compressor. I'll upload a clip soon.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put in an air horn last weekend. Was pretty easy to install, once i figured out the reley i had wasn't working. I got a new one then everythign was smooth. I got a push button switch and placed it by my other swtiches just inside the door. I didn't have to drill anywhere to mount the compressor. There was a hole i took advantage of near the firewall end. The horns i zip tied for now. Its really study though. I was a little disapounted will the sound. Its lound... kinda but is a little high pitch. I was hoping for something a little less kiddy fairground train ride. I may look for another horn and see if it can work with this little compressor. I'll upload a clip soon.

That Horn needs alot of pressure to blast - about 110psi out of a tank.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JEEPJK

That Horn needs alot of pressure to blast - about 110psi out of a tank.
The setup i got came as a kit. I hooked it up to a large floor standing aircompressor i have and it didn't do much better.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alrighty then...I'm looking at doing the same, but am planning to throw in that ARB compressor and a small tank to drive the horn.....my old car had a setup like yours that was driven by a straight air pusher like that....very high pitched.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JEEPJK
Alrighty then...I'm looking at doing the same, but am planning to throw in that ARB compressor and a small tank to drive the horn.....my old car had a setup like yours that was driven by a straight air pusher like that....very high pitched.
I may get a tank and a good compressor as well. I have lots of room for a tank where the stock muffler was. Mine is relocated now. good luck with yours.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm looking into a mean as air horn as well. If anyone knows of any let me know. I hate the stock horn!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

like those tube doors! they look sweet.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice

Where did you get those seat covers from?

I need some in yeller
Old 06-28-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

I gotta get me an air horn!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scarp
Nice

Where did you get those seat covers from?

I need some in yeller
they are seatglovers. they have them in yeller

Quick Reply: New mirrors and air horn and no doors in the rain