Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Member, New Jeep

Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushrod
It is nice to buy the Jeep with all the stuff already there but... I have entertained myself for many hours researching what add ons I want to buy. That is an excellent setup. Welcome to the forum and post often.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Actually, I've spent months already shopping for a used one with the mods I wanted. As you might expect, it's VERY difficult to find the perfect Jeep configured the way you'd like. Every time I found one I thought might work out, there were always one or two major things that would cost too much or be too much of a process to change.

I really wanted the AEV heat reduction hood and one that already had a good lift kit on it, but I figured I'd have to add these myself. So, when I found this one, it was almost too good to be true because all of the mods that were done to it were ones that I would have done myself exactly the same. Like I said, this is a third car for me, so while it would have been cool to build up my own 2012, I really didn't want to spend the money on doing so. It was perfect to have something ready to go right out of the box.

I do want to put on Trail Grapplers, though. I think the Terra Grapplers are great, but don't have an aggressive enough look to match the vehicle. I hear the Trail Grapplers offer a great balance between on and off road performance. I also want to put on some ACE rock rails, but after much research, I think I'll need to get Rubi rails installed first to make the look complete.

Soon I'll be putting on the hard top soon now that winter has arrived.

Last edited by catortega; 11-05-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member, New Jeep