Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New member JKU O-M Edition, ***800HP Porsche to Jeep pics***

Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received the Spiderweb shade today, giving it a good stretch...

Old 02-26-2015, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to dig up an old thread... But I have a few questions

I see you went through a significant sound upgrade.... how do you like the Kicker sub? Seriously thinking about going this route. I have the factory premium system.... but it lacks bass. This sounds like a good way to go, especially if I mount it under my seat! I like being topless and doorless in the summer so I don't want something obvious.

Originally Posted by JKU Mike
Here are a couple more things done.

4ga battery cable into cabin.
Inverter
Audio

I found some instructions on running power into the cab by removing the passenger side dash panel and poking the cable through some expandable foam. I tried this but I do not feel it is safe at all, when running the cable through the foam into the engine compartment/cowl it is surrounded by sheetmetal that can cut into insulation.

I removed the battery in an attempt to remove the battery tray to gain access to another location, removing the battery tray on a 2013 is difficult so scratch that. I discovered a hole when I removed the firewall insulation and this is the best way by far to run power into the cabin.

Battery removed

Hole discovered behind firewall insulation

Feed coat hanger into cabin to pull wire in

4awg power cable

4awg with wire loom for the stock look

Opted for a breaker instead of fuse

Audio:
I opted to stick with the factory head unit to deter theft with the roof off, but installed all new speaker wire to all locations, dynamat the enclosures and stuffed with poly fill, new amp, sub, and inverter all under the front seats.

Kicker compact sub mounted on a custom plate from member jeepedjeep

Another custom seat bracket with pure sine wave inverter, Memphis Audio amp, and fuse block.
I also ran new wire from behind the radio to the high-level input on the amp.
FYI, there is a grounding stud on the tunnel area by each seat.

Now on to the speakers, not much to be said here other than components in front and coax in rear. After installing the rear speakers I had to seal the perimeter them with silicone, made a big difference.

mounted crossover with velcro, works great.

Rear speaker bar

New wire to amp

Quick Reply: New member JKU O-M Edition, ***800HP Porsche to Jeep pics***