Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Member - '12 Rubicon

Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to change the subject or anything but it looks like your running 35s on stock tire carrier and i advise against doing so unless you want damage to your gate
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

OK...I believe you guys, but....the instructions just say to "remove the perforated section" to allow the use of the octagon washers. The hole isn't changing. I don't see how this would prevent the use of adjustable LCA's in the future. Just trying to understand this better. Please help.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
Not to change the subject or anything but it looks like your running 35s on stock tire carrier and i advise against doing so unless you want damage to your gate
x2...lot of weight on there.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
Yeah, I know. I've read a lot about this. Thanks for the heads up. If I had a money tree in the backyard instead of a damn chicken coop, I'd have a new rear bumper/tire carrier already.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JakeMate
Yeah, I know. I've read a lot about this. Thanks for the heads up. If I had a money tree in the backyard instead of a damn chicken coop, I'd have a new rear bumper/tire carrier already.
at least you get very good eggs for breakfast........
Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
at least you get very good eggs for breakfast........
Yeah....if any of my stupid hens would start laying, LOL.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah....if any of my stupid hens would start laying, LOL.
I'm not a farmer but I believe one of the tricks is to have a rooster around.....
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
I'm not a farmer but I believe one of the tricks is to have a rooster around.....
Yeah...that helps....but they'll lay just fine without a rooster. They're just a bit young still.

Anyway, back to the cam bolts. I just looked at the instructions again and there is no mention of slotting the existing hole. I don't see how there could possibly be any caster adjustment without slotting the hole (unless you used smaller bolts). If they are, in fact slotted, I can understand how a washer would need to be welded on to make the hole round again.

I'll probably hold off on the cam bolts and just wait to get adjustable LCA's. I'd just like to clarify why the BDS instructions don't mention elongating the holes.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

OK...I believe you guys, but....the instructions just say to "remove the perforated section" to allow the use of the octagon washers. The hole isn't changing. I don't see how this would prevent the use of adjustable LCA's in the future. Just trying to understand this better. Please help.
Bullet point 22 in the install instructions, sates to remove the perforated area with a grind wheel to create a slot for the cam bolts.... Hope that clears it up?

No more hole, so you would have to weld a washer on to make a hole again for lca's
Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah...I got it now. I just got off the phone with Jeremy from BDS. The holes do need to be elongated for the cams to work.

I'm going to wait until I can pick up a set of adjustable lower control arms.

Quick Reply: New Member - '12 Rubicon