Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New KMC XD series Rockstar and Pitbull Rockers

Old 07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot for the feedback its kinda funny how much the opinion of other jeepers hold so much weight. Great example of my good freind for 20 yrs says that's a big waist of money. He drives a Honda SUV I dont even know what model. It's 4 wheel drive but he got stuck driving in the grass after a heavy frost.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Are they loud on the road?

corey d
Old 07-06-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Nice ride man
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

nice jeep. I see you are shooting with the 5DMKII.
Which lens are you using?

My MKI is always in the backseat of the trails and I bring that fugger out all the time and put it to good use. People are shocked when they see me whip out the 5D on a dusty ass trail

Good pics
Old 07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice looking wheels!! I actually saw a pic of this first on a corvette board believe it or not(corvetteforum.com). We have a debate on FJ's vs. Rubicon's and a guy posted a pic of your JK in regards to mine with Rockstars!! (he was a fan)

Jeep looks great!! I had to run with the centers tho, I couldn't get past the cross drilled wheels. I see you got the 5 on 5 and 5 on 5.5 too!!

Here's mine...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubious
great looking setup how are those tires wearing on the road? and what lift are u runing to where u can use fox shocks????

What he said !!!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like an update as time goes by on how those tires wear. Is this a DD? Your Jeep looks amazing BTW! Congrats.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Iroks are just as loud on the road. Yes this is my daily driver 35 miles a day not 2 bad. I'm the guy in the right lane on the e-way cruze set at 60 mph. I lowered my tire psi to 25 seems to be just right on a JK. As far as the camera lens question I can say its made out of glass, maybe. Not my thing its my buddy Scott's equipment.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I hope you realise that the 60psi max is only if the vehicle weight dictates. You should be running enough presure to ensure the tread surface runs fairly flat against the road. Unless your truck weighs 9k+lbs you would never need to run 60psi. From the looks of the wear(dirt) on the tire you are probably running them 5-7psi to high. I have 35"s and after chalk testing I settled right at 25-26psi for proper wear. Weather I like them or not I would hate to see you prematurley wear out a set of tires.

Chalk Test:

Find a straight flat road where you can start and stop saftley.

Use chalk to draw a line across your tead surface from top edge of shoulder block to top edge of shoulder block.

Drive foreward about 100 feet, get out and see if the chalk line is gone. If there is some left on the outer edges then decrease the pressure. If it was gone on the first test increase the pressure (about 2 psi at a time).

Goal is to find the highest pressure at which the chalk line completley disapears.

This will provide maximum tread life assuming you also balance and rotate regularly.
I agree, they look a little over-inflated.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by usmc_reyes2007
nice jeep. I see you are shooting with the 5DMKII.
Which lens are you using?

Good pics
Thanks! I'm Morton's photo bitch :P

I shot those with a Canon 17-40L... great piece of glass on a full frame camera. Love the perspective you get at 17.

We also shot a nice bumper install video with the 5D2, which will be available in HD once I'm done with the edit.

Quick Reply: New KMC XD series Rockstar and Pitbull Rockers