Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New JK color

Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I second the White as it is very good at hidding flaws and you can all the black you want to in the way of accessories.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine is flame red, but if I could choose again; I'd go for white.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
I have black and it looks great when it is clean but it doesn't stay that way long. I think it also shows the sratches much more. I think if I had it to do over again I would stay with a lighhter color. Also remember, it never hurts to please the Mrs.
x2, looks good clean but it's hard to keep it that way and def shows the scratches.

I went with black because I always wanted a black vehicle and actually thought it would be easy to keep clean. If I were to do it again I think I would go with White or Rescue Green.

With that said... if I were to do it in 09 I would most definitely go with the new ocean blue (or whatever it's called). I cant wait to see those modded! I think a black wheel would look sick and maybe some Bestop half doors that are black... yes I can in vision it now
Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a black one with black rims and wish I would have gone another route. It looks good but now that it is blacked out I wish I would have gone with the slate blue (at the time). Black is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean and it does show all the scratches. Also, a lot of accessories are not the same on black as there is no contrast.

Tough call - I picked mine as it was available at the time! Good luck...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 50 Foot Face
You could get a black hood, a green grill, blue left side doors, white right side doors, and a red tailgate.
Thats good.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
I have black and it looks great when it is clean but it doesn't stay that way long. I think it also shows the sratches much more. I think if I had it to do over again I would stay with a lighhter color. Also remember, it never hurts to please the Mrs.
Well you are correct on that one - it's even good to please the Mrs. although she wants the Red Rock Crystal which is very good looking, but I don't want red car (I just don't like it ).
But after reading all your comments I think that I'll go with the Stone White, though I really like the black and it looks more tough than the white but with time as you said it's hard to keep it clean and you see the scratches very clearly on it... And in addition, I've already had a black vehicle before, so I guess it's time for a change and try something new

I would like to thank you all for your feedback and honesty! I appreciate that.

JK Rules!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Oh BTW, It's going to be the Unlimited 4 doors JK
Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default heres my deep water blue

heres my new blue one with a little mud on it, im thinking black wheels are going to look sick on it too.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Black is a love/hate relationship. That said, I've had 4 black Wranglers.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by crazyclown
Well you are correct on that one - it's even good to please the Mrs. although she wants the Red Rock Crystal which is very good looking, but I don't want red car (I just don't like it ).
But after reading all your comments I think that I'll go with the Stone White, though I really like the black and it looks more tough than the white but with time as you said it's hard to keep it clean and you see the scratches very clearly on it... And in addition, I've already had a black vehicle before, so I guess it's time for a change and try something new

I would like to thank you all for your feedback and honesty! I appreciate that.

JK Rules!!!!!!
If you check out the tread about "Jeeps in beautiful places" or whatever it was, there is an awesome looking White JK in there. The hard top is painted white as well. But that rig is just awesome.

So good choice with the white.

Quick Reply: New JK color