Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Jeep, saying Hi

Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Besides your Mountain Ed. and your color, we basically own the same Jeep. You're gonna love it. Yours looks fantastic, but surely there's lots of stuff you'd like to do to it. Let the hemorrhaging of money begin!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good choice.. welcome to the family..
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Welcome! Love your Jeep and those wheels! Question.. On the mountain edition, are the dash gauge overlay and a/c vents painted silver?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Capone
Welcome! And what a great idea, I wish I would of thought of that. Go to Medical School so you can afford all the mods you are going to get sucked into
Oh Capone you make quite a bit of money too...lol. Really though great Jeep and let the addiction begin!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Haha, I know what you guys are talking about. Since I've gotten it, I've been on the net building my wish-list for mods almost as much as I've been driving it. So far, I've installed my AVIC-D3 navigation and I will be upgrading all the speakers and putting in one or both of the 10" JL W1v2 subs I have laying around (it comes down to how much space they will take up).

Even coming from a 140hp automatic Toyota Celica GT, this car is SLOW. I will be doing a CAI/exhaust/chip as soon as I can afford it.

I will have to restrain myself from doing too many mods because I will be keeping this car for at least 9 years (medical school and residency) and I don't want to do anything that will negatively affect the reliability.

I can't wait to play in the snow with this bad boy. Maybe I'll hit up some light trails, but nothing major. Again, I am too afraid to break something.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by centerfieldr162
Welcome! Love your Jeep and those wheels! Question.. On the mountain edition, are the dash gauge overlay and a/c vents painted silver?
I don't know if these are unique to the Mountain, but here is a picture.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking rig!!! I know what you mean. this stuff is addictive, I've owned mine for two weeks and i don't think I've left my garage since. Unless I'm driving it. Your 10 inch subs will take up all of your room unless you know how to fabricate. there is a post in write ups about putting subs inside your rear seat. Might want to consider it. doesnt' look to hard to do but then again I don't think you'll have a lot of time being in medical school. check out my post on "2 week old jeep and I can't stop modifying!!!" theres a pic in there of my 2 12 inch subs in the back. Difference is i have a four door. Anyway good luck with your new rig and medical school!!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RANGER666
Great looking rig!!! I know what you mean. this stuff is addictive, I've owned mine for two weeks and i don't think I've left my garage since. Unless I'm driving it. Your 10 inch subs will take up all of your room unless you know how to fabricate. there is a post in write ups about putting subs inside your rear seat. Might want to consider it. doesnt' look to hard to do but then again I don't think you'll have a lot of time being in medical school. check out my post on "2 week old jeep and I can't stop modifying!!!" theres a pic in there of my 2 12 inch subs in the back. Difference is i have a four door. Anyway good luck with your new rig and medical school!!!!!
Right, I would be doing a custom fiberglass enclosure(s) on the side(s). Hopefully similar to the factory setup.

By the way, are you THE Ranger from the Viper/Vette community?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ackermania
Right, I would be doing a custom fiberglass enclosure(s) on the side(s). Hopefully similar to the factory setup.

By the way, are you THE Ranger from the Viper/Vette community?
Nope, not me. unless of course by saying yes I would be receiving large amounts of money then "YES" otherwise no....
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrads, like the color of those wheels.

Quick Reply: New Jeep, saying Hi