Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

NEW - IPF 920H4 JK Headlights!!

Old 03-02-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered mine! just right now!

X2 on: What fog bulbs best match these headlights?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered a set... Cant wait for them to come in, and to install them.... Now maybe I wont have to "drive by feel" at night anymore.... The stock headlights are a complete joke, and I think Chrysler should pony up the cash for everyone to do this much needed upgrade....
Old 10-23-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Resurrecting this thread cause it seems to be the biggest, most recent IPF920H4 JK headlight thread. Hope someone can help...

Grrrrr, why does this always happen to me!? 30 minute job turns into a multi day wait! I ordered the IPF 920H4 about a week ago and got them on Wednesday. Planned to install them over the weekend. I finally got some time today, pulled everything apart, things are going peachy, then BAM!:

WTF?

Is that black chunk of plastic with the pointed edges and 3 holes supposed to come out? I tried but I'm pretty sure its connected directly to the wire.

That doesn't look anything like what's supposed to fit the adapter cable as seen here:

Zippy chance the harness that was sent to me is going to fit in my weird stock connector! Any idea why my 2008 Jeep JK has such a fraked up connector?

Looking at other, various JK headlight install pictures, it definitely seems like I'm the odd man out. Every install I saw had a stock connector that would hook up to the harness that was delivered by Northridge. Why is mine so different!? Grrrrrrrr...

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ken-Rahaim; 10-23-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

I havent done this upgrade yet so I cant help you too much. Arb makes a wire loom upgrade which is supposed to make any headlight run on its full power. Since the stock wires are so small no lights can operate at their full specs. Here it is on Quadratec but im sure you can pick it up somewhere online for cheaper. http://www.quadratec.com/products/97018_2430.htm
Old 10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Super Freak

These are a must have, can't wait.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HighCountryJeeper
Arb makes a wire loom upgrade which is supposed to make any headlight run on its full power.
Appreciate the tip but I'd prefer to just get the harness that's supposed to work with the kit. From what I understand, this kit works well (enough) without adding relays or heavier gauge wires. If I were going to go all out, I would've bought the Stern kit but the IPF kit seemed like an economical choice. I just hope Northridge can make it right.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Arb owns IPF and made the loom for this upgrade specifically, its just not necessary to use the headlights. Its just a complete replacement of the OEM stuff there is no modification or changes. Sorry your having such problems, sometimes I'm the only lucky person to have problems like this too.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ken-Rahaim

WTF?

Is that black chunk of plastic with the pointed edges and 3 holes supposed to come out? I tried but I'm pretty sure its connected directly to the wire.

Those look NOTHING like the harness connectors on my IPF's.. I'll see if I have pics, but not sure they would be any help to you..
Old 10-24-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Silly me! Thanks to David at Northridge for the help.

Turns out the black chunk stuck in the green casing was part of the light bulb itself. I pulled the bulb connector in half leaving one half in the Jeeps green OEM socket!

Once David clued me into the magic trick of disconnecting the harness (squeeze green thingie, push in black thingie and pull out) it was still a bear but it finally came out. That was the pax side. The drivers side almost popped out by itself it was so easy. No pushing in or anything like that. Who knows, maybe I jammed something on the pax side trying to pull the black part out.

Anyway, took about 20 more minutes to finish the rest of the job (getting the drivers side lamp to settle into the OEM bucket was a bit of a pain though). Everything is working peachy now. Did a quick alignment check and the pax side seems to be pointing up a bit more than the drivers side as compared to stock. Both lamps were fairly level when I looked at the stock light pattern. Will check lighting alignment more throroughly tonight when the sun goes down.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

I have these headlights installed but I am having an issue with them staying lit. The problem seems to be in the harness they supply...if I shake it around enough and jiggle it I can get the lights to come on most of the time, but otherwise I am often left driving with only 1 light.

What gives? And what can I do to fix the issue? I've had these installed for a little over a year, is there any sort of warranty?

Anyone else have this issue and been able to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: NEW - IPF 920H4 JK Headlights!!