Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

NEW - IPF 920H4 JK Headlights!!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Love it...thank's Happy!...the waiting is killing me

I'm right there with ya, I can't wait either!
Old 12-10-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Would be no harder to take than the light on your garage in the dark. Here is an example..

Haha....those are not plug and play Halogens......Like triple jeep said.....those are Rubicon_fan's HID lights.......he and I have the same HID's.........These HID's are 6000K....HID's are night and day difference as depicted here......I am sure the new housing offered in this thread will be good, but they are no HID's...........nice try......as for plug and play?...HIDs require new wiring.....
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When did I ever say I expected these lights to be as bright as HIDs?

I was simply asking for a photo showing the IPF headlights from inside the Jeep.

Its hard to tell if there is any improvement in distance with a picture of beams against the garage.

The picture was simply for demonstration purpose.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I for one cant stand the people who stick HID lights into the factory housings which are not designed properly for HID. Looks real good from the front seat but when your the guy on the other side of the windshield taking a hit from poorly designed housings with chinese HID bulbs it's a different story. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but a good H4 housing properly aimed with a relay harness throws a very white clean light and doesn't blind other drivers. As I learned early in life with my CJ-6 the Jeep design with lights so close together already causes the occasional motorist to blink their light if not properly aimed so why add something to the mix not designed for the thing. In reality the higher the color temperature is the worst when driving in crappy weather and actually affect oncoming motorists perception of the road from the glare. More yellow adds visibility in rain, sleet, snow, fog, etc.
I'm wearing my flame suit so fire away..
Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
When did I ever say I expected these lights to be as bright as HIDs?

I was simply asking for a photo showing the IPF headlights from inside the Jeep.

Its hard to tell if there is any improvement in distance with a picture of beams against the garage.

The picture was simply for demonstration purpose.
gotcha.....missed that...sorry, just wanted to clarify these are HID's.....didn't read back far enough since my original post.....

Originally Posted by piaa_nissan
I for one cant stand the people who stick HID lights into the factory housings which are not designed properly for HID. Looks real good from the front seat but when your the guy on the other side of the windshield taking a hit from poorly designed housings with chinese HID bulbs it's a different story. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but a good H4 housing properly aimed with a relay harness throws a very white clean light and doesn't blind other drivers. As I learned early in life with my CJ-6 the Jeep design with lights so close together already causes the occasional motorist to blink their light if not properly aimed so why add something to the mix not designed for the thing. In reality the higher the color temperature is the worst when driving in crappy weather and actually affect oncoming motorists perception of the road from the glare. More yellow adds visibility in rain, sleet, snow, fog, etc.
I'm wearing my flame suit so fire away..
haha....I love the the forever debate on this topic.....to each their own....I've been running my HID's in the OEM housing for over 1.5 years....I don't find the I have any issues with oncoming vehicles flashing me, due to the angle of my lights....driver side is down slightly further than the passenger side....hardly any washout at all, and definitely not enough to blind oncoming.........non issue for me......and as the pic displays, the light difference is incredible....
Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hear you, it sounds like you've dealt with things the right way. My rant wasnt directed at you as much as it was for people who don't have a clue doing mods like this, especially the tuner crowd. I'm on board for good lighting done properly
Old 12-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just so you know I posted a delivery Date , price and pre order info in the other thread.

David
Old 12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ARBSeth
Couple things...

... the new XT42 bulbs that seem to be the best fit for the JK....

As for Brighter... yes, they can be. When you measure in Lumens per watt, if you use a more efficient wire, glass, gas filler etc you can get more lumens per watt out of the same draw on a bulb. That's how we do it....so yes, they can be a little brighter. We also change the color of the light from a yellow to a clearer blue/white. And as Eddie points out... the new housings make a big difference, too. By collecting and redistributing the light where it needs to go, you're going to get a much better pattern => you can see the stuff you need to see.

Aloha!
Seth,
Can you confirm that these new housings are e-Code?

Also, I don't think I read it here, but if I missed it -sorry. How do you think this setup will compare by installing it as is, versus adding a new wiring harness to it? Specifically, does this new bulb and housing address the small gauge wire and pulsating power issues?

TIA
Old 12-30-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see a new post for the 900xs lights you added WOL, but maybe Eddie, or David from Northridge can answer this. I have been looking at the 900xs lights for quite some time, but they have only been available in a set as a spot or driving beam (and I have been wanting one of each). In the write up it mentions that you get one of each. Is this something new that we can order, or are they the HID version where you can buy just one of each at a time?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I want some.....time to find this "other thread"

Quick Reply: NEW - IPF 920H4 JK Headlights!!