Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New and Improved Y90

Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New and Improved Y90

After over 4 years with my JK, and after 3 years of wheeling i finally got some extra Armor aroudn the Jeep.

I picked up some used Rubi rails that needed re-vemped, so after a good cleaning and good 'ole Duplicolor bedliner they look as good as new and fit perfect.

After i got the Rubi rails, i finished bedlining my hardtop on the inside and drew in the forum logo into the roof and made it metallic silver.

now the hardtop matches my black seat covers

Then my Bestop Highrock Element doors arrived from Bestop, won these at Topless for Tata's in August, (Thanks Chantelle!)

They came missing the backing plates for the latches, which finally came in the other day;

They're nice. Probably make a skin for them out of black canvas and make removable bags for it too.

Since it is almost my birthday on the 30th, i was goign to get myself a front bumper that was scratch and dent on eBay, but i was outbid, and found that i could get the same bumper from AutoAnything for a steal of a price on the Body Armor high clearance front bumper. This bumper is usually $412.99 + shipping, AA started at $374.99, and then gave me 10% off, and BA has a rebate for $25. AND free shipping. I placed the order from AA on the 15th at 2:30am, and recieved the bumper on the 21st, shipped directly from Body Armor. The bumper was packaged really well, had no damage, and looks great.

The process;

Pulled in the barn, wheeled the bumper out on the creeper

Took the stock bumper off, what a pain in the ass that was.. Busted my hands to hell and had blood everywhere

When installing the bumper, it takes a little time because you need to get it lined up, and start the bolts without a locking washer, to bring the bumper tight to the frame plates, and then you can get the next bolt, locking washer, and washer started, and the next and so on. But you have to go back and remove your plain bolt, and put the locking washers back in them.

You can tell by the pics that the bumper doesn't weigh down the fron of the Jeep, The total weight of the bumper and hoop is about 95 pounds.

I hated the little gap there was between the grill and the bumper, so i figured why not use the same plastic piece i had before
Of course with a little cutting and notching it fits great.

And that's the new and improved Y90. New rock rails, new hardtop interior, new tube doors (just in time for Fall), and a new front bumper!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good I've been keeping my eyes out for some 2 door rubi rails as well.

What's next? Getting rid of those chrome tube steps?

Love the forum symbol in the roof by the way
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Getting all growed up. Looks sweet. I can't wait to see everything in person.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danmojo82
Looks good I've been keeping my eyes out for some 2 door rubi rails as well.

What's next? Getting rid of those chrome tube steps?

Love the forum symbol in the roof by the way
Alright, although the CHROME steps (Yeah i said it!) are on the Jeep, -they were my first mod, (and they were a christmas gift from my mom).

They are mounted to the frame, and have taken alot of hard hits. Plus they look great doing it Badpunkin' is a witness!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

F*%# yea man, looks good!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Yamaha90

Alright, although the CHROME steps (Yeah i said it!) are on the Jeep, -they were my first mod, (and they were a christmas gift from my mom).

They are mounted to the frame, and have taken alot of hard hits. Plus they look great doing it Badpunkin' is a witness!
True that. I was impressed with how solid they are. You can always bedline them.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
You can always bedline them.
do it!

Love the bumper BTW! Do they make one that works w the stock fog lights?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice upgrades man!!! I need to find out when you guys get out and wheel. I'm from NE ohio and really haven't been out wheeling yet. I got a few more mods i'd like to do. Where do you guys usually go?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

If the steps can take a hit then by all means keep em. I'm not too sure about how thick that tubing is though. Anyway, like others say, bedline em! Everything is better with a little Duplicolor.

I really, really like the paint job you did on the inside of the top. The Project-JK logo is a nice touch.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Looks great! Nice job.

Quick Reply: New and Improved Y90