Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Hoodlift hood and tailgate props

Old 12-01-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense intended to the OP, and I sincerely hope his system holds up, but do your research. Not all of these are created equal and some have been known to pull the sheet metal screws out of the gate. IMHO, you should look for one with a good mounting system to the rear gate that utilizes more than just small sheet metal screws.

Edit: take a look at www.jeepswag.com, they are a sponsor of this forum and their mounting system looks rock solid to me, and the gate holder does work with the factory sub.

Last edited by Sharkey; 12-01-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is something I thought about. If you follow the install instructions and mount them so that the gas shock does not overextend then you shouldn't ever put a pulling force on any of the screws. All energy is coming from the stored energy of the nitrogen gas in the shock which will exert a force both directions effectively pushing on the mounting plates instead of trying to pull them off the mount. When you open both the tailgate and hood you don't need to pull either one open. You just let them open on their own and they slowly extend. If I do run into problems down the road, I will let everyone know!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Make sure you keep us updated. Would be a good additions this winter if all goes well for you.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mskh20
No offense intended to the OP, and I sincerely hope his system holds up, but do your research. Not all of these are created equal and some have been known to pull the sheet metal screws out of the gate. IMHO, you should look for one with a good mounting system to the rear gate that utilizes more than just small sheet metal screws.

Edit: take a look at www.jeepswag.com, they are a sponsor of this forum and their mounting system looks rock solid to me, and the gate holder does work with the factory sub.
I have both jeepswag hoodlift and tailgate shock. The quality is top notch.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Where did you get the hood pad? Did your Jeep come with it? Mine doesnt have one.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

ORW has a thread in the sponsor section with a hood/tailgaite lift package.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-free-shipping.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hood pad that is inside the hood came with the vehicle. Not sure if it was only on the Rubi or the 2010 models?
Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKZinger
The hood pad that is inside the hood came with the vehicle. Not sure if it was only on the Rubi or the 2010 models?
My Rubi '09 had one, I yanked it because I found it to be a big sponge.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

some jeeps came with the hood liner, others didn't. i'm not sure what dictated whether or not you got one, but this has been discussed several times before in the stock section. my 08 rubi has it and i'm pretty sure my buddy's early 07 sahara has it also. i haven't looked under his hood myself, but i've noticed that when there is frost or heavy dew, he gets the same "dry spot" that i do on the driver's side due to the cut-out in the liner for the info sticker stuck under the hood. since there is no liner there, the residual heat from the engine keeps dew or frost from forming there and when you start driving, this spot heats up faster and melts or evaporates anything on the hood

Quick Reply: New Hoodlift hood and tailgate props