Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Forum New JK. Old hat at this, but new to you guyz

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Forum New JK. Old hat at this, but new to you guyz

Well I did it. I sold my Cherokee Limited V8 Leather luxo-cruiser and bought a REAL Jeep. A nice Red Rubi.

The difference between this and my old 2000 Jeep & my old 1983 Scrambler is night and day. Black and white. This new JK rides like a Lincoln Continental compared to my old Scrambler.

My 4 dogs all approve of it, and have dutily peed on each tire.

No wife to complain about the money that will probably go into it, so the first purchase wuz:

A Hardtop. It gets real cold here in Arizona. 7 degrees (F) -13 (c) is not uncommon in my part. So it needed a hardtop. Guess I now have the Dual Top Option....

Heated Seats. woo hoo - warm bunz. Floor mats for mud, Trailer hitch, that Daystar Dash kit, and new speakers in the sound bar. (Crutchfeld.com sells the same Kicker speakers as the guys online for ½ the price)

Now if it just had power windows & door locks. I have really become addicted to hitting the unlock button for years, and now I gotta stick this little key in the hole. At my age I guess I should be happy I can still find the hole.

But I will get a Photobucket account going of it soon so I can post pics etc. Right now it's just yer standard JK, bright red, no dents.

My other toy is a 2000 Magnetic Red II Chevy Corvette Coupe (Targa top). Sorta active on the Vette forums, but I cant drive that in the snow.

It was a great sunrise this morning as I drove up to the saddle of Mount Humpreys, a place called Shultz Pass Road, kicking the subwoofer with a little Santana Europa. Great way to start a day.

So far - with 175 miles on her, she's getting 17.1 mpg. Not too bad. I was getting 18.5 before I did the mountain this morning. But she's still new, so I wont beat her too much yet.

So hey from Flagstaff Arizona. Home of Route 66.

Dave
Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had to do it! welcome!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconRed_Flagstaff
It was a great sunrise this morning as I drove up to the saddle of Mount Humpreys, a place called Shultz Pass Road, kicking the subwoofer with a little Santana Europa. Great way to start a day.
why does that put a smile on my face?

welcome friend!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thankx

I am used to XM Radio, but Sirius has about the same thing... Gotta love Santana at sunrise.

I do think I will upgrade the stereo b4 too long. Good basic unit, just needs 2 extra 400 watt Fosgate Amps, and a Boston G2 12" Sub. That should scare the little girls.

Also will be doing a front bumper, winch, and a 2½ lift.

---->>> WILL BUY GREEN DIAMOND TIRES ASAP. It's like having tire chains on full time. M/T's. Superior tires. They have thousands of diamond-hard silicium carbide granules embedded evenly throughout the tire's tread, are quiet at speed, like icepicks on black ice, stop on a dime, easily grip green snot rocks fording water, flawless in rain, just a good balanced tire on dry pavement. You guys REALLY need to look at these tires. They are SUPERIOR TO ANY TIRE YOU CAN BUY, and cheaper also. 45,000 mile guarantee (for a M/T Tire !!!!)

http://www.greendiamondtire.com/

They were originally made for Volcanic Iceland, and running up Glaciers. Next winter, why dont YOU think of having 3,000 razor blades strapped to each tire for grip.... Just amazing. Nope - I dont sell them, but I have used them, and I highly regard these full time traction tires in all traction categories. They are 'THE Best' 4x4 tire on the market.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 09-24-2008 at 06:08 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your new Jeep! We've been to your area many times, great place. We are members of LDMA so we camp at Stanton every now and then to do some gold prospecting. Have fun in your new Jeep!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah - we have a great trail here... Get out yer Google Maps and see how the birdie flies:

Strawberry, AZ to Scottsdale AZ on Forest Highway 16. No pavement for 130 miles.

3000 foot cliffs, water fording, camping area with hot spring, cross the Verde River, major 4 wheeling to Sheeps Crossing, where there is another hot spring and camping, then into Phoenix. Easy 3 day excursion of wilderness with mountain lion, raccoon, cows, bulls, horses, and trees 6 feet tall growing in the road.

Real fun - Did it 7 years ago....

I see a trip coming on....
Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 AM
JK Super Freak

WELCOME TO THE CLUB

SEND PICS SOON
Old 09-24-2008, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi

Congrats on the JK!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconRed_Flagstaff
... But I will get a Photobucket account going of it soon so I can post pics etc. ...
Welcome to the club! And you can post pic's here on JK-Forum:

My Project-JK.com
Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

WELCOME Bud

Quick Reply: New Forum New JK. Old hat at this, but new to you guyz