Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Fogs And Headlights! PILOT PL203W & IPF 920H4

Old 12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank
So this is before you bolted everything on properly? Looks like it's pointed straight up and to the side.
i didnt screw em in there
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder if these will fit in my RR XHD bumper... it looks like they might not since the lamp doesn't seat into the housing like the factory ones.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

im glad my idea did some justice on a forum!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Hi

So I want to get that set up as well but I have been hearing different things about the pilots. I am sorry what did you mean by they left a gap with the OEM housing and how did you fix it and what gizmo Would that be relay I keep hearing about?

I want to so this as well but I am kind of holding back because I dont want to spend money on something that I can't use right. I have an 09 4 door Jk would they fit in it? and back to that gizmo I herd the wiring is different or something in 09's so would I have to do that?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenW01
Hi

So I want to get that set up as well but I have been hearing different things about the pilots. I am sorry what did you mean by they left a gap with the OEM housing and how did you fix it I want to so this as well but I am kind of holding back because I dont want t
Go Back to post 3, pic 5. If you use these pilot lights as they are and insert them into the factory housing, they'll look recessed in your bumper by about a half inch. This is the gap people are talking about. Some are cool w/ it, others are not. To compensate for that gap, this guy cut part of the bracket that comes with the pilot lights (the little piece of black metal on the side in this pic) to extend the fog light out that half inch so there's no gap. It will work either way, but totally a preference from Jeeper to Jeeper how they want the fogs to fit.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

With the pilot lights did you have to do anything to the factory wiring or were you able to splice straight in with no problems? I changed out bumpers and have been looking for some fogs that I can just splice into factory fog wiring. They look bright as can be to boot.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skizzies
Go Back to post 3, pic 5. If you use these pilot lights as they are and insert them into the factory housing, they'll look recessed in your bumper by about a half inch. This is the gap people are talking about. Some are cool w/ it, others are not. To compensate for that gap, this guy cut part of the bracket that comes with the pilot lights (the little piece of black metal on the side in this pic) to extend the fog light out that half inch so there's no gap. It will work either way, but totally a preference from Jeeper to Jeeper how they want the fogs to fit.
thank god someone can finnaly answer theses questions.... i have my inbox bombarded with questions
to you

oh and as for are they awesome...? there fu*king bright
Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmmm having problems hooking these up. everything is hooked up and when i switch them on the come up for a sec then go out, i turn factory fog switch of then back on and they flash again. they wont stay on, any ideas?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do they mount to the bumper? I am thinking about getting a sahara silver insert for my non-fog bumper and installing the lights there for some fog performance.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
How do they mount to the bumper? I am thinking about getting a sahara silver insert for my non-fog bumper and installing the lights there for some fog performance.
Mine are mounted with the factory holder. Not sure how you would mount them on a non factory setup.

Quick Reply: New Fogs And Headlights! PILOT PL203W & IPF 920H4