Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Custom Stinger, Windshield guard and Safari Rack

Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replies

Badlands - Yea I will be there... I go either there or the cliffs about every other weekend!!!
I'll be at the Michigan Dunes this weekend!

-The stinger... yea it leans forward thats the point!!!! If they are too steep they don't keep you from going straight over in time!!! One of the reasons why custom is better!!!

Clean... yea I am a clean freak, but the jeep wheels hard every weekend. The noraml guys I ride with have around $75 K in their buggies and they hate the fact that this stock looking JK outwheels them just about every time. Jk's are really amazing vehicles.

Secrets, yea, I used to hate to show things off because people always copy and then it isn't original... but in the end it is only a compliment I guess.

Marker lights... They're just cool like a big rig. No real point. I f I didn't have the winshield bar I wouldn't have them, I would be replacing them all the time!!!

I think that's it, CHeers! If you are in the midwest and you are locked front and rear (I like to cover alot of ground and have found that open diffs usually don't keep up, but you never know!!!) send me a PM and we'll wheel!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKeNo
Awesome looking JEEP!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oh Yea...

Forgot about the safari rack... bought it used from a guy that had a discovery. It was a 6" rack by Garvin Wilderness Racks. I cut the length down and re welded it.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

super nice rig, i like the black with red accent
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Very, very nice looking rig
Old 05-12-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

good looking jeep
Old 05-13-2009, 01:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

LOVE the jeep man... it looks amazing
Old 05-13-2009, 02:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryanclimbs
-The stinger... yea it leans forward thats the point!!!! If they are too steep they don't keep you from going straight over in time!!! One of the reasons why custom is better!!!
fair enough... I agree custom is better.... so only thing you nee is to get that 37" tire off the tailgate rig is sweet though!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default To Green Amphibious - about the spare

Yea... I am torn on the rear bumper. I have had HD spare tire carriers on every jeep before this and they are love hate. It sucks to open a HUGE heavy tire every time you want to get in the back. Especially the way the JK flexes when you are wheeling. I have seen it so many times when guys get stuck and are twisted and can't unlatch the spare tire to get the strap out of the back.

I have mine reinforced pretty well so it is quite strong. The key is sticking to a a 37" tire and padding it to the bumper so that when you close the door the tires weight pushed against a pad on the bumper. Then the mount isn't taking the weight, the bumper is.

The AEV bumper does have a single stroke open feature for the spare but I am not crazy about the rest of the bumper. (just my opinion)

Have a great day!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryanclimbs
The AEV bumper does have a single stroke open feature for the spare but I am not crazy about the rest of the bumper. (just my opinion)

Have a great day!
ya that bumper is growing on me though... the expedition one bumper/carrier opens the same way (with tailgate) and looks hella better! I think it would compliment your rig perfectly!

Quick Reply: New Custom Stinger, Windshield guard and Safari Rack