Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Custom Exhaust

Old 07-05-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the doors off, it becomes an issue. But like what was said before, older cars are no different. My old stang has rear exit exhaust and I get a little high from it too. I'm suprised you went with this after taking backpressure into consideration. This will likely be what I do but with a dynomax muffler similar to rancho's setup.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Me likey
Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
So I took a little trip down to the local exhasut shop today. After beating up the stock exhaust, and several aftermarket exhaust I decided it was time to get something with a little more protection. After a long talk about what I wanted, legal issues (and the exhaust is legal), back pressure issues and a miriad of other things....this is what we came up with.

It is a 20" 2.25" glasspack. Cut the stock exhaust under the drivers door and exitied with a down turn just after the frame rise for the rear axle. Outside of the downturn the enitre muffler sits above the frame, there is still 6-8" between the muffler and the evap and the downturn clears through full flex.

The sound really isn't that bad. Not ricer at all, a little loud under hard acceleration, but about the same as the stock muffler during cruising. Overall I am really happy with it so far. and the bottom line out the door........

$159 parts/labor w/warranty!!!

From the outside....its all above the frame!

Hope you enjoy.....any questions????
looks like you got no back pressure down there, that cant be good for the engine
Old 07-07-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLeepY_BoY
looks like you got no back pressure down there, that cant be good for the engine
Surprisngly the glasspack is small enough that it does keep a fair amont of Backpresure. Also keep in mind it is heavily louvered inside to slow the flow of gasses. It has only been a few days, but so far my mpg has gone up about 1.2 (as compared to the Gibson dual it replaced) and the engine feels a bit more pepy on the low end.

Long term results are still to be seen, but I am pleased right now. I will keep everyone updated if you like as time goes on.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a trusht glasspack 2.25 laying around, i think its the same size as yours and im now considering putting it under my jeep..., a sound clip would be great
Old 07-07-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

I have been considering the very same thing. Echo on the sound clip request
Old 07-07-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

I will do a sound clip tonight when I get off work.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sound clip

This is a pretty crappy sound clip, but better than nothing.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds good to me, has more "growl" than my Flowmaster....and gave it so much power that it knocked the camera over!!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

LOL, sorry about the rattling. In the middle of a few other upgrades so there were some tools and such rattling around the bumper and stuff. Didn't even think to remove them. It really does sound pretty nice standing next to it.

Quick Reply: New Custom Exhaust