Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Axle For M101 or M116 Trailer

Old 08-16-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Axle For M101 or M116 Trailer

All,

What size axle did you put on your M101 or M116 trailer? I would like to get one that would be about the same size as a Jeep JK. I plan on building my own box on the trailer frame as the military box is way to big.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a 3500 lb axle with 2000 lb springs. I have a very light trailer and it still rides a little stiff. I went with the oversized axle to get off road durability.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by awheeler3296
All,

What size axle did you put on your M101 or M116 trailer? I would like to get one that would be about the same size as a Jeep JK. I plan on building my own box on the trailer frame as the military box is way to big.

Thanks
I used the axle from my M416 with wheel adapters to widen and so that I could run the same lug pattern as the JK. Same with the springs, original M416 springs. Except I removed a couple of leafs to soften the suspension, and added gas shocks. Wouldn't advise using regular trailer springs, they length is too short to perform off road.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
I used the axle from my M416 with wheel adapters to widen and so that I could run the same lug pattern as the JK. Same with the springs, original M416 springs. Except I removed a couple of leafs to soften the suspension, and added gas shocks. Wouldn't advise using regular trailer springs, they length is too short to perform off road.
Any info on the adapters you used? I want to switch the bolt pattern too but I'm not ready for an axle swap yet, figure that will come when I overhaul the entire trailer.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CH10
Any info on the adapters you used? I want to switch the bolt pattern too but I'm not ready for an axle swap yet, figure that will come when I overhaul the entire trailer.
I got mine from a-dapt-it usa. Copy and Google that and you will find their website. Not sure if I can post a link without getting into trouble.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
I got mine from a-dapt-it usa. Copy and Google that and you will find their website. Not sure if I can post a link without getting into trouble.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Quick Reply: New Axle For M101 or M116 Trailer