Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

new auto shift knob

Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new auto shift knob

Thanks to taquito971 pointing out the Gennie Lo-Dapt II Shift knob adapter over in the write up section. He placed a nice video of it and that had me sold.

Anyway, I ordered a cast resin knob off of ebay and drilled myself. Not many people will like it but it makes me happy.

I am thinking about taking this and making a hood ornament just for the hell of it.

... opinions of the Reaper being placed on the hood? If this wasn't my daily driver I would definitely do it... not so sure as a daily.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

i actually like the shifter a lot...very unique from me
Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Lovin the shifter knob....lol but the reaper on the hood, however, maybe not so much hahaha
Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

I love both. You could put decals that say REAPER where Rubicon would go. Awesome!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

If the reaper was metal I think it'd make a better hood ornament. The shifter is definitely cool. Looks like Slash. What is the control knob in front of the autoshifter?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks pretty cool, my only problem with this set up is it is now now very child proof.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Super Freak

SoonerFever, you clearly have some issues. I take it you don't have Daylighter covers with yellow smiley faces on them?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
If the reaper was metal I think it'd make a better hood ornament. The shifter is definitely cool. Looks like Slash. What is the control knob in front of the autoshifter?

Good point about the reaper... there was something about it that wasn't quite right for me and I think that is it.

Bass control knob.... first thing I did when I got the JK was put in a sound system and designed something to hide the amps.

I used to be in a car club but gave that up shortly after we had our first child... not enough time to go to car shows with a little one... I haven't had time to fool around with the JK much but I miss making a vehicle "my own". After having a child I did a 180 degrees in vehicle selection. Last pics are what I had before buying the JK.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

lol You apparently have something against aerodynamic vehicles. And I'm with you on making it your own. The hidden amps are very cool and you only look to have lost 3 or 4" of space vertically and can still load up the JK if need be.

As a side note, many of the interior mods you did to your Scion can be done to your JK fairly easily, so even if you don't take it to shows, you can still mod it plenty easy. My vote for your next mod to the JK though is the fuzzy picture frame. lol And the blue and white accents are they a kit, painted or hydrographics? I've got some pieces I'm going to send out shortly for hydrographics.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
lol You apparently have something against aerodynamic vehicles. And I'm with you on making it your own. The hidden amps are very cool and you only look to have lost 3 or 4" of space vertically and can still load up the JK if need be.

As a side note, many of the interior mods you did to your Scion can be done to your JK fairly easily, so even if you don't take it to shows, you can still mod it plenty easy. My vote for your next mod to the JK though is the fuzzy picture frame. lol And the blue and white accents are they a kit, painted or hydrographics? I've got some pieces I'm going to send out shortly for hydrographics.
Thanks for the comments.
All the interior pieces, I removed and painted myself. Been thinking about doing the same on the Jeep as I see others have done. There won't be any fuzzy frames in the Jeep and before I lose all integrity on this board, most likely my next mod will be a 2.5" lift. lol.

These were my favorite mod on the Scion... redoing the speedo and battery cover. I am incorporating the battery cover picture on the JK somewhere.... not sure where or how yet.

Quick Reply: new auto shift knob