Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

NEW ARB Compressor Installed !! SWEET!!

Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bosscj351
Can the ARB be hooked up to an onboard tank?
I dont see why not...but have tried it yet..
Old 04-10-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job and great deal from northridge. Its on the list.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow very nice install. I like the bumper extension.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blue Fin
Tidy install - good result.

Make sure you cap off the coupling to stop debris getting inside.

Found the best covers for you air line connectors .. Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini-MMs-150x150.png
Views:	488
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	149510

Peal the label off and paint to match Jeep ..Prefect Fit
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Nice install i was thinking about doing something very similar when i order my ARB compressor and putting the connection some where on the outside.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

I added an adjustable pressure gauge to mine that can be set to shut off when my tire is to a certain set pressure....works great , no more checking the pressure every few minutes from tire to tire...I can air up ( 8 PSI to 32 PSI ) in about 3-4 minutes a tire.....can't beat that..i love my ARB
Old 04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07crawler
I added an adjustable pressure gauge to mine that can be set to shut off when my tire is to a certain set pressure....works great , no more checking the pressure every few minutes from tire to tire...I can air up ( 8 PSI to 32 PSI ) in about 3-4 minutes a tire.....can't beat that..i love my ARB
What kind of guage is it? I have the ARB air hose with the clip on end, but I'm looking hard for something like you're describing...
Old 04-14-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I agree

I got mine installed as well and have started to look for an air tank. Install went pretty good...except half way through the included relay went absolutely retarded and decided to no longer shut down.

Picture this, I am soldering the last wire in the install (the switched ignition wire on the interior harness red/yellow wire) and the compressor starts all by itself. So I shut off the switch inside and nothing happens so I figure the pressure switch will stop it, well it doesn't. So I am in a panic now 'casue the pressure relief is now relieving and I am desperatly trying to yank out that big bejebus inline fuse and it wont budge. Finally I grab a wrench and disconnect the 12volt constant at the battery.

Not sure why it did this but sure enough when I replace it with a Canadian Tire relay it works exactly like it is supposed to. Didn't change anything else and the interior rocker switch and pressure switch work just fine now. Not sure what that was all about. Other then that it was an easy install.

I followed the instructions off the project-jk site and it was really helpful except that it makes no reference to hooking up a 12 volt source (ignition preferably) to the red/yellow wire stated above.

I will get some picture of the install and where I mounted the switches. May have to wait for the weather as even though it's middle of April we have another week of snow in the forecast.

Here is where I mounted my switch. I am too cheap to fork out money for an aftermarket switch pod, at least at this point. I just cut in a spot on the stock driver sideA pillar. Still enough room for one more above it, for the air locker....but shhhhh the wife doesn't know yet.

Last edited by bobbyspaghetti; 04-16-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jet noise
What kind of guage is it? I have the ARB air hose with the clip on end, but I'm looking hard for something like you're describing...
don't have a pic, but..you can go to anyplace that sells compressors and they will have them...it's just an in-line pressure gauge but it is adjustable..like the gauge on any compressor.I prefer to use the 0-60 gauges, they are more accurate than the 0-160 gauges most compressors have...use that with a couple of fittings bought at said compressor shop or even better...home depot carries all you need
Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

trying to deiced if I should go this was or stick to my original plan of going with a warn power plant.

Quick Reply: NEW ARB Compressor Installed !! SWEET!!