Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New 5.13 Gears in Houston

Old 08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmducha
Worth the drive to Houston to save money. He will do them while you wait, one full day.
X2
Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

I have no known problems with about 20,000 plus miles on the swap. I would do it again for sure. At times I think I can hear gear noise but in a Jeep there is always a noise I guess.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just picked up my jeep from him in houston and since I don't live far away I just dropped it off and drove back later that day. He is an excellent guy and will not screw you. I totally recommend him to anyone looking for a good gear install for a long drive. I drove home and they did just fine. I got 5.38s in mine because of the 40s and he usually has to special order those. Get the parts from him trust me. Great guy, great service, great performance .
Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmducha
Just drove 900 miles to Missouri, Jeep did great. I didn't notice much difference in mpg but I had my 37s aired a little. The power difference was noticeable and worth every dollar.

They used Royal Purple in the rear since it is under load and normal oil in the front. The shop guy dropped me off at Whataburger so they'll take care of you if needed. Total install was half a day.
What was your MPG on your trip?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default New 5.13 Gears in Houston

Average in town is 13. On the highway average is around 16, up to 17.

Quick Reply: New 5.13 Gears in Houston