Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New 35's and an Explosion (pics of course)

Old 10-05-2008, 04:37 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW..last thing id expect from a fresh batch of KM2's....BFG's are normally top of the range tyres...looks like you got a bad one...

KSK
Old 10-05-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is scary! Glad everyone was ok.
Your Jeep looks awesome though!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
check the dates on the tires. if they all have the same date then they are all part of the same batch and you should get them all replaced. but for now i think just that one tire should be replaced.

i'd check the other 4 and make sure there are no marks or bulges on them either.

glad you are ok.
Do what He says. Years ago bought a set of Goodyear tires thread separated on one after a few hundred miles. They replaced it under warranty. Few hundred miles later same thing different tire. Now I'm getting a little nervous about the rest. Went back in with that tire they were willing to replace it. Told them, This was the second of four I'm afraid this is going to happen again, not a chance I was told. Sure enough it did. This time when I took it back They they replaced all four tires with a different brand. Moral is keep a close eye on those tires.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
check the dates on the tires. if they all have the same date then they are all part of the same batch and you should get them all replaced. but for now i think just that one tire should be replaced.

i'd check the other 4 and make sure there are no marks or bulges on them either.

glad you are ok.
DITTO

better safe then sorry i say
Old 10-05-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

I went out to look at them this morning, and didn't notice anything. I was mostly checking to see if they had the same DOT number (which they did). I'm gonna take a look a little closer this afternoon to see if I see any bulges. Discount tire isn't open today, so I'm gonna go tomorrow
Old 10-05-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

That should be replaced under warranty. How could they not? Just glad you were not driving down the interstate cruising along. Could have been nasty.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jarne
That should be replaced under warranty. How could they not? Just glad you were not driving down the interstate cruising along. Could have been nasty.
tell me about it, when we took it in to put more air in it, the guy yelled BACK UP, ITS GONNA BLOW!!!!! I high tailed it out of there and it sounded like a bomb. On the road, it went from having air in it, to NO air in about 15 seconds
Old 10-05-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by contenderv07
I went out to look at them this morning, and didn't notice anything. I was mostly checking to see if they had the same DOT number (which they did). I'm gonna take a look a little closer this afternoon to see if I see any bulges. Discount tire isn't open today, so I'm gonna go tomorrow
I was going to suggest letting the guys at Discount Tire inspect this tire for you. If it's a factory defect, they'll be able to adjust it and get you a new one.

Unfortunately, there's also a high probability that this tire became seperated when you drove on it flat, and that's what caused the sidewall to burst when the tech aired it up. Without being able to see the liner of the tire, I can't tell you for sure, but the guys at Discount will be able to.

I would also suggest checking your valves (TPMS sensors). It is possible that this tire had a slow leak caused by improper seating of the valve. The rule is that any time the sensor is uninstalled and reinstalled in a new wheel, a sensor rebuild kit should be used (new grommet). I doubt that the dealer gave you new grommets, as they probably just installed the sensors straight out of the OE wheels. Be sure to check all of your valves with a little soapy water to be sure that they don't have any issues!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by contenderv07
I love those rims. They look great.
Thats too bad about your tire though, but sure it'll be cover by warenty. Still a hassle though.
Great looking jeep.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

that's intense. I would call BFG or your tire distributor and tell them what happened. They better give you another tire. that's crap.

Quick Reply: New 35's and an Explosion (pics of course)