Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New 35's and an Explosion (pics of course)

Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 35's and an Explosion (pics of course)

Well, I went to go pick up my ride (2.5 hours away) because the dealer was putting 35's on. He got them and installed last thursday (brand new). I told him to oder one more for a spare, which was waiting for me when I got there. After we start the trek back home, I notice the jeep's front start to pull to one side..then as soon as I say something to my wife..FLAP FLAP FLAP... CRAP!!!!!!!!, the tire is as flat as can be. I look all around the tire and don't see one little mark, or puncture. So I'm thinking lost the bead. So we get it over to Wal-Mart (only tire place that's open in the part of the town). They couldn't find anything puncture wise, so they start to put air into it. When they got to about 18psi BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE explosion, the tire had bubbled out. I think this must have been a bad batch. The sidewall had completely come off of the radial part. Now, do I need to get in touch directly with BFG?? say this because I don't want to have to drive BACK another 2.5 hours, then another 2.5 to bring it back home?? Well here are the pics with 35's, and the busted tire

Old 10-04-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be glad no one was hurt!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Holy Crap!!!

Thank God you two are ok! What did the install place say? Are they going to replace it?
Old 10-04-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dang, that is quite a failure. Good luck with BFG: let us know how they handle it.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

Man Will, that looks like a serious failure. I hate that for ya man, atleast you did end up with a spare though. Let us know how things go with BFG, I'm pretty sure they would make right on something like that.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd expect that if they were new tires they would be under warranty. You might be able to get any affiliated tire dealer to honor the warranty instead of having to drive 2.5 hours.

Cheers
Old 10-04-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

You might want to get the whole set replaced... You'd hate to have another one go like that one...
Old 10-04-2008, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the dates on the tires. if they all have the same date then they are all part of the same batch and you should get them all replaced. but for now i think just that one tire should be replaced.

i'd check the other 4 and make sure there are no marks or bulges on them either.

glad you are ok.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

thats for the replies everyone. I may try and go to discount tire to see if they can send it back and get another one. Also are there some numbers to check for the date?? I just want to make sure. everyone is safe, and Wes, we were in N. Wilksboro when it happened, thank goodness it wasn't going down the mountain
Old 10-04-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!! That is some flat. I've never seen a tire blow like that. Can't believe it was brand new. Good thing no one was hurt.

Quick Reply: New 35's and an Explosion (pics of course)