Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New 2012 2-door Cosmos Blue Sport minor Build

Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the spring on my hood and never had any hood flutter after that. Not sure if thats why you got the Daystars.

I think I was driving into a 30mph head wind and the hood fluttered a little but I was more worried about the Jeep going nose up.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mister ed
I removed the spring on my hood and never had any hood flutter after that. Not sure if thats why you got the Daystars.

I think I was driving into a 30mph head wind and the hood fluttered a little but I was more worried about the Jeep going nose up.
ya, i also had another solution on one of my JK's. I simply installed the Mopar bug deflector. It takes up more space under the hood lip, and blocks the air gap. That also solved my hood flutter on my 2007.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

well.. i came to the decision today to sell on this Wrangler. every time I drive it I think of everything I wish it had. Its just not the Jeep for me. So, I don't want to pay for this thing every month for 5 years, all the while knowing its not what I wanted. I have 2 loaded Sahara JK's before this and I miss everything. I really wanted power windows/locks, auto trans, nav, infinity, 4 door. I have a possible local buyer which would get me around $1500 on top of my payoff. I will keep my GTI another while, and save up for next year maybe. When, not if, I get a 4 door Wrangler, it would be my only vehicle. So its a little ways down the line, maybe when my son turns 3 or 4 or something. (He is 1.4 now.) The main reason I bought this in the first place was I was intrigued by the 3.6L Pentastar. It turns out to be killer, and a lot faster than the 3.8L. That was a good test session for when I buy the Jeep I really want some day in the future.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Well man...sad to see ya go but you gotta do what you gotta do.

There will be a Jeep for you one day.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

pic of it washed today for prosperity and memory. isnt sold yet tho.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

probably taking this to a buying service tomorrow to give it up. selling some things local in SF Bay before i start shipping..

- IPF headlight upgrade kit. $80 picked up
- Mopar Slush front floor mats. $25 picked up
- AEV Procal Module (works on 2012's also) $120 picked up. - SOLD
- Mastercraft Grab Handles. (2). $25 picked up. - SOLD
- Mopar wheel locks with paperwork. $20 picked up. - SOLD
- Radio out of a 2012 Wrangler, RES with SIRIUS satellie. (code included). $80 picked up.

Last edited by plac; 04-24-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

glad to be back under the new forum moderator system.

Considering a new car or "jeep" this year again. (Pretty much every 2 years max.)

Not really seeing any super existing news in the Wrangler front these days, nothing to pull me from other choices. How is that Pentastar cyl. head issue coming these days, pretty much 100% fixed for 2013 and newer? They still have the crappy 5 speed manual I assume, a 6 speed auto would be a big plus for me.

Quick Reply: New 2012 2-door Cosmos Blue Sport minor Build