Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New 2012 2-door Cosmos Blue Sport minor Build

Old 04-13-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DOH...

the new oem radio i got today needs a anti-theft code entered! don't even know if they ebayer will give me one or not. he took it out of his new 2012 jeep.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

I don't know what the "dealer code" is, but the seller might give me his VIN #.

PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN ANTI-THEFT CODE:
1. Call 1-800-448-0944
2. Request anti-theft code.
3. State dealer code.
4. State radio serial number.
5. State VIN
6. The 4-digit anti-theft code will be provided.
NOTE: Radio anti-theft code call center support is available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm

Eastern Time Monday through Friday.
RADIO ANTI-THEFT CODE PROCEDURE
1. Ignition in the run position.
2. Press the ON/VOL control.
3. The word CODE or Please enter Anti-Theft Code will appear on the display.
4. Enter the 4-digit code by pressing the corresponding preset buttons in sequence.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

good news i think. the seller is getting me his VIN, hopefully by tonight. and i visited my local dealer on saturday. he said he can probably help me if i bring him the VIN as well as the radio. (i also had the shipping label for proof of original owners address.)

hopefully on monday i can get the anti-theft code and finally fire up the new radio. (not that it will be any different than my base radio really.. just adding satellite.)
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

dealer gave me the code today. success, the new radio works. now i am waiting for my sirius oem antenna to arrive, so i didn't put all the dash back together yet. its a 3rd car, so i put it in the garage until im done with the install.

anyone know where i can find the part number to the upper dash piece? the big one you remove to do radios?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice looking start!

How's the fit with the car seat in the back? Switching from a JKU to a 2 door. Hoping the 2year old will be comfy!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mister ed
Nice looking start!

How's the fit with the car seat in the back? Switching from a JKU to a 2 door. Hoping the 2year old will be comfy!
the seat itself fits fine. and its a pain in the A$$ dealing with putting him in it every day. my back is killing me, you can't even reach back there. you have to put him on the rear floor standing up, then i climb in and put him in his chair.

today im in the mood where im thinking of just selling the jeep before i get too deep into it. i could get payoff + $1000 back on it from one local guy today. if i keep it, ill be into it the $20k for 5 years + $4k in insurance for the 5 years.

after driving my GTI again today.. i just don't really enjoy the jeep most of the time. i know this isnt a VW site and most people won't understand that. I guess I've always liked fast cars, and the Jeep gets very tiring to drive. It's fun with the tops off, but thats about it.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Trust me. I can relate to the love of VW. I kick my self everyday for selling my R32. And mine was a 2004. One of the most fun cars I've ever owned. But now we are an all jeep family. The JKU is easy to get the kid in and out. We didn't have the little guy with my first 2 door JK.

I go through cars way to fast so I'd tell you to sell it and enjoy the profit off of it. You could always come back to Jeeps. I've done it several times.

Most other people will say give it a chance.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mister ed
Trust me. I can relate to the love of VW. I kick my self everyday for selling my R32. And mine was a 2004. One of the most fun cars I've ever owned. But now we are an all jeep family. The JKU is easy to get the kid in and out. We didn't have the little guy with my first 2 door JK.

I go through cars way to fast so I'd tell you to sell it and enjoy the profit off of it. You could always come back to Jeeps. I've done it several times.

Most other people will say give it a chance.
well.. there wont be any profit... just a $5000 loss of my down payment. but better than losing $24k over 5 years.

one of my good friends has a 2004 R32 he bought right when they come out. He has at least $15k into it, probably more like $20k. around 400awhp. we went out for a spin one night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPp9L7ABueY
Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Only 5000 made! I've tossed around trying to get another one but now they are just getting too pricey with all the miles. Reminds me of trying to find a Supra.

Well if you're hurting monthly i would say get rid of it. But knowing now that you'd lose out on the 5 g's down payment...hmmmm. You could have the best of both worlds with the GTI and the JK. Just need to make the JK a little more trail ready. Tough call man. I wish I was in your shoes though!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

installed my Daystar hood latches... they are too tight. period. I have had them on all 3 of my JK's... you know its too tight when you have to put your back and legs into it to get them latched.. its just stupid. They don't need to be that tight, and they warp the hood a bit too. i don't love them.. might remove them for the original rubber..

Quick Reply: New 2012 2-door Cosmos Blue Sport minor Build