Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New 2012 2-door Cosmos Blue Sport minor Build

Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2012 2-door Cosmos Blue Sport minor Build

Picked it up a couple weeks ago. It is a 3rd car for fun, and only has about 200 miles on it so far.

The tiny wheels bummed me out

Funny bugle exhaust:

Stereo, sills, locks:

Sahara wheel take offs, 90 miles on them, $800 cash.

Mastercraft grab handles and Mopar floor mats:

Rubicon shocks and springs. (18's and 59's)

Have my IPF headlight upgrade parts arriving today.

Have some fixed length control arms coming next week also.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Very nice. Enjoy and have fun.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Looking good! Wish I knew how to handle electronics like that. Love this color
Old 04-06-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Can i see a picture of how the mastercraft handles mount. I have a 2 door and wanted to buy some of these
Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronnie187
Can i see a picture of how the mastercraft handles mount. I have a 2 door and wanted to buy some of these
they are far better than the Mopar handles which came with my 2010 JK. These use a much stronger attachment style. I'll edit this post in a few minutes.

Also have an IPF headlight upgrade installation video coming tonight.

Last edited by plac; 04-06-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Headlight upgrade how-to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOwTKSI-Hzc
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Installing JKS lower control arms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWuS3X8u6Po
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

The headlights are perfect, really nice upgrade. In a street with no lights i could barely see the stock headlights. These are 3X as bright, I see them easily.

The suspension is pretty much done, i have nothing else i want to do on it. The lift is the limit of what i wanted, while staying on oem hardware. The control arms were an excellent fix for my caster, and i would buy them again without hesitation. Finally, straightening the steering wheel was the cherry on top. It drives excellent.

The sound system is the last step. I have the base radio, and it sounds pretty decent off AUX with Pandora or SIRIUS on iPhone. But I tried the Alpine deck and amp for a while next. I didn't like the look of it, and the sloppy Metra dash kit with a pocket I didn't need. so I took the Alpine setup out, and put the base radio back in. Then, I won another Jeep radio with SIRIUS off ebay, I don't even have it yet. But.. during that time I have decided to get the Kenwood Exceleon top line deck, with bluetooth, pandora, HD radio, and satellite. (I can plug the same satellite module that was on my Alpine into this new Kenwood. So I don't have to change subscriptions again.) I also have a Scosche dash kit coming to see if I like the look more than the Metra. The Scosche kit doesn't have a pocket in it. I will sell one of my base radios, but not sure which one yet. I suppose no one would want the base base radio, its probably worthless. I might have better luck selling the base w/SIRIUS radio instead.

The 3.6L engine is really nice. Its so different than the 3.8L in low end feel. The pedal is very touchy in the low rpms, you can get lurching sometimes, as the power comes on/off so suddenly. Then it has suprising power when you use very light throttle in the first 3 gears, the torque feels like more than it is. Now, you do still see the power weakness overall when you try and floor it, as it is a heavy vehicle. But, you don't buy a Jeep to race stoplights anyway. It drives the best keeping rpms to 3000 max in each gear from a stop, and can keep up with the average cars.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

got my new Kenwood Exceleon deck and Scosche install kit today. I might work on the install tonight. The Scosche kit does look like a tad better fit than the Metra. Tighter fit in all areas. I don't have my USB extension cable for my deck yet, but the pigtail off the deck may allow me to route it without having to take the deck out again later.

Also have to figure out where to mount the bluetooth microphone, probably on the edge of the A pillar line there.

Last edited by plac; 04-12-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: New 2012 2-door Cosmos Blue Sport minor Build