Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New 2009 Detonator Yellow 2 Door

Old 09-13-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2009 Detonator Yellow 2 Door pics

I picked up my 2009 Detonator Yellow 2 door jeep wrangler yesterday! I already put the 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers on. I am now looking for a front bumper and winch setup I like. Next spring I am looking to upgrade the wheels (chrome rims and Minnesota winters won't get along). I am still undecided if I want a lift or larger wheels yet. Any suggestions on the front bumper and winch would be appreciated. Keep in mind I do not do a lot of off-roading, but I do some (1-2x per year). However I do like the look of mid to short length bumper and winch setups. Pics to follow!!!!! Note this is my first post, but have been observing online for weeks!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep1.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	12978   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	12979   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	12980   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep4.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	12981  

Last edited by DRJZ1974; 09-16-2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Now With PICS!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DRJZ1974
I picked up my 2009 Detonator Yellow 2 door jeep wrangler yesterday! I already put the 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers on. I am now looking for a front bumper and winch setup I like. Next spring I am looking to upgrade the wheels (chrome rims and Minnesota winters won't get along). I am still undecided if I want a lift or larger wheels yet. Any suggestions on the front bumper and winch would be appreciated. Keep in mind I do not do a lot of off-roading, but I do some (1-2x per year). However I do like the look of mid to short length bumper and winch setups. Pics to follow!!!!! Note this is my first post, but have been observing online for weeks!!!
I love mine..to mount a winch you need the winch plate to mount a winch to the factor bumper. I love it, its a FabTec
Old 09-13-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

i've been waiting to do this
Old 09-13-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ilovemy08jk
I love mine..to mount a winch you need the winch plate to mount a winch to the factor bumper. I love it, its a FabTec
So I can mount a winch to my factory bumper with a winch plate? I will do a search to see what that looks like. If anyone has a pic handy I would appreciate a look.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah you can

Link to the winch plate:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12114_010_07.htm
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah you can

Link to the winch plate:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12114_010_07.htm
I was checking some pics and noticed I need to cut the factory bumper. I not sure I like that. I am open to an after market bumper and winch setup, but also notice many do not have a front license plate mount. I have enough problems with the vette and no front plate, kinda want to make sure the jeep has a front plate so I don't need to deal with that. I like the looks of the Pure Jeep short bumper or the M.O.R.E short bumper. Any thoughts???
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was checking some pics and noticed I need to cut the factory bumper. I not sure I like that. I am open to an after market bumper and winch setup, but also notice many do not have a front c mount. I have enough problems with the vette and no front plate, kinda want to make sure the jeep has a front plate so I don't need to deal with that. I like the looks of the Pure Jeep short bumper or the M.O.R.E short bumper. Any thoughts???
with most aftermarket bumpers there not really gonna be plate friendly... My advice invest in zip ties. I took mine off cause Im in pa but my truck in reg. in va so pa really doesnt know the difference. but zip ties help a lot
Old 09-13-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

see, zip ties
Old 09-13-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Super Freak

I was checking some pics and noticed I need to cut the factory bumper. I not sure I like that. I am open to an after market bumper and winch setup, but also notice many do not have a front license plate mount. I have enough problems with the vette and no front plate, kinda want to make sure the jeep has a front plate so I don't need to deal with that. I like the looks of the Pure Jeep short bumper or the M.O.R.E short bumper. Any thoughts???
you could also get one of those fairlead plate backet to hold your plate, ive seen em on ebay. it clips on your fairlead and is easy access to the winch when needed.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

see, zip ties
That looks pretty cool, I just need to decide on a bumper. I am having a hard time finding who sells the M.O.R.E. bumpers. Also, any thoughts on the 9500Ti vs. the Dual (the one with built in compressor) The compressor seems pretty cool, but seems a bit more bulky.

Quick Reply: New 2009 Detonator Yellow 2 Door