Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Needed - 2007 - 2010 jeep with Smitybilt XRC Fenders (Local in Baltimore)

Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed - 2007 - 2010 jeep with Smitybilt XRC Fenders (Local in Baltimore)

I have become tired of waiting for Smitybilt to come out with Flares for their Smittybilt XRC fenders. I bought the fenders over a year and a half ago and they are still in my shed. Recently I began creating some flares for the fenders. I was hoping that someone local would have some time to help me with my project. The reason I don't want to mount mine right now, is that I live near the city and drive into the city every day. City cops are a little more strict than say a county cop in the boonies. So if I were to get nabbed while in the middle of my fender flare build, then I would have to put the old fender and flares on and the stock tires back on to pass inspection. I just wouldn't have time for all that crap. Plus, once I have my model for my flares I want to have them casted into plastic, hence even more time running the jeep without the flares. So, if someone has a few hours to spare I just need to be able to carve out and scuplt the flare. I'm not sure if this project is going to be viable or not, but it's worth a try. anyway, for your time and if your over 21 I could get you some beer or if your under 21, we could work something out.
PM me if interested in helping me out. Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by AREA 13; 12-27-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default That's Needed someones jeep for help with project.

Originally Posted by jllaclair
I have become tired of waiting for Smitybilt to come out with Flares for thier Smittybilt XRC fenders. I bought the fenders over a year and a half ago and they are still in my shed. Recently I began creating some flares for the fenders. I was hoping that someone local would have some time to help me with my project. The reason I don't want to mount mine right now, is that I live near the city and drive into the city every day. City cops are a little more strict than say a county cop in the boonies. So if I were to get nabbed while in the middle of my fender flare build, then I would have to put the old fender and flares on and the stock tires back on to pass inspection. I just wouldn't have time for all that crap. Plus, once I have my model for my flares I want to have them casted into plastic, hence even more time running the jeep without the flares. So, if someone has a few hours to spare I just need to be able to carve out and scuplt the flare. I'm not sure if this project is going to be viable or not, but it's worth a try. anyway, for your time and if your over 21 I could get you some beer or if your under 21, we could work something out.
PM me if interested in helping me out. Thanks,
Jeff
Thank you again.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

never mind... i installed mine and made my templates from that.

Quick Reply: Needed - 2007 - 2010 jeep with Smitybilt XRC Fenders (Local in Baltimore)