Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Need PSC Bracket Help!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by km2jk
Call Jarrett at HD. He could build a custom bumper for less than $700.
that would be interesting to see
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
JK Newbie

Yes HCP4x4 is an over priced shop for sure!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Fishyguy
Yes HCP4x4 is an over priced shop for sure!
and I wouldn't go to bullhide since they are the same if not worse
Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
JK Newbie

No they are not the only reason HCP4x4 is good to you is because you have given them over 40000 dollars but everyone else they try to rape. Thats why so many people talk trash about them and they get so many bad reviews
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
and I wouldn't go to bullhide since they are the same if not worse
well then I guess you stop calling me to have me go ask for prices from them so you can take it to HCP and say that bullhide will give it to you for .......
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have any idea who this shop is, but I think everyone who is bashing this shop is way off base.

There's a big difference between labor to rotate tires and labor to fabricate a piece. If you're asking a shop to make a completely custom one-off piece, expect to pay their full shop standard labor rate. The guy is giving you an estimate based on that rate and the time he expects it to take to come up with something that will work for your custom application. A full day is completely reasonable to accomplish such a task, and $700 sounds well within the labor rate for a full day of shop labor. A lot of shops standard labor rate can exceed $100/hr, but what I usually see is $50-75.

So if you don't like the price, don't bash the vendor - just find another vendor. Maybe someone with a cheaper rate is just as good, maybe not. But don't base your opinion of a vendor on the fact that he's trying to give you a fair quote. Would you rather he tell you $300 and then lose money? He's gotta pay his welder to babysit your project all day, so it's not likely he's pulling that figure out of his ass.

That's my 2 cents...just think a lot of you are off base when saying they are a rip off, or that you'll never go there again, just over a shop quoting a custom job.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Fishyguy
well then I guess you stop calling me to have me go ask for prices from them so you can take it to HCP and say that bullhide will give it to you for .......
last I checked there was nothing wrong with checking prices... specially on products.

at least i'm not advertising them like what you do with bullhide. I hope you get free stuff becuase your working hard for it that's for sure

anyways, I posted in this thread not to start a vendor war but to clarify what he was bashing!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

last I checked there was nothing wrong with checking prices... specially on products.

at least i'm not advertising them like what you do with bullhide. I hope you get free stuff becuase your working hard for it that's for sure

anyways, I posted in this thread not to start a vendor war but to clarify what he was bashing!
You are the one that mentioned Bullhide not me And no there is nothing wrong with checking prices but next time do your own leg work and dont waste other peoples time just to go elsewhere
Old 02-10-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Ya know, I admit I was angry when I wrote this...however I still stand behind the fact that this price is crazy high. I have had custom stuff built before and money aside it would NEVER take an entire day (or over 7 hours as it was bid).

I am not trying to change your opinions of what is resonable price to pay and if you think that $700 is reasonable for one bracket then go pay that. Great thing about this sport is there are many folks with many ways to do things. I will build my own bracket for the cost of a cutting wheel and some steel before I pay anywhere near $700... There is a lot of stuff I could buy for my jeep for $700

My point was to ask for help and give reasons why I am NOT going to be getting this bracket at HCP4x4...and to be honest, I have called them more than 4 times wanting something (drive shaft, winch line, etc...) and every time they have been at least 15% higher than everyone else. However, my point was not to bash...just inform and give my opinion, the only way it is a bash is if my "opinion" regarding the price are correct....if they are wrong then I just look like a fool. I don't think the latter is the case however as this is VERY expensive in my opinion.

Just to give an idea on pricing. I called Mel at ORE and his COMPLETE steering setup with a new tie rod, drag link, PSC skid, PSC bracket was only $1200!!! and this is all COMPLETELY custom built!?!?! that is $500 more and you get psc skid, trac bar, drag link, and hardware to get the entire thing installed

So...all you haters continue to hate and pay more....for all those that agree with me, please give me some names or places that I can contact...

Shesh you people act like you work for HCP4x4 or they give you free stuff
Old 02-10-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Mel did mine. Works great! I would highly suggest getting it from Mel! He kinda gets the whole wheeling thing. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Need PSC Bracket Help!!!