Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Need PSC Bracket Help!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need PSC Bracket Help!!!

Ok, i have a Dynatrac ProRock 60 up front and I also just ordered and recived my PSC hydro ram assist steering...

My problem is PSC gave me two tabs to weld onto the axle where the ram mounts but there isn't enough room on the axle to weld the brackets and get the ram straight...

My question, is there anyone that has ProRock 60's and Hydro-Ram assist installed that can shed some light on how the crap I am going to install this??

I have spoke with High Country 4x4 and they are jerking me around and quoted me $700 for a FREAKING BRACKET!!!! I can tell you now that I will NEVER do buisness with High Country 4x4 in Denver Colorado.

I had emailed them and they sent me a quote...i thought they had mis-understood my request when I saw the $700 price tag (for two peices of steel welded together!!) so I called and talked to the guy. He confired that it would be $700 just for the bracket and $1100 to install the PSC setup (if I so choose)...I told him he was absoultely nuts and there was no way I would pay that for a bracket...he laughed and agreed it was very expensive and wouldn't pay it either...

What kind of stupid customer service is that?

So...if there is anyone that can give me some advice or help on how I am to install the PSC ram to my ProRocks I am all ears.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Marine
Ok, i have a Dynatrac ProRock 60 up front and I also just ordered and recived my PSC hydro ram assist steering...

My problem is PSC gave me two tabs to weld onto the axle where the ram mounts but there isn't enough room on the axle to weld the brackets and get the ram straight...

My question, is there anyone that has ProRock 60's and Hydro-Ram assist installed that can shed some light on how the crap I am going to install this??

I have spoke with High Country 4x4 and they are jerking me around and quoted me $700 for a FREAKING BRACKET!!!! I can tell you now that I will NEVER do buisness with High Country 4x4 in Denver Colorado.

I had emailed them and they sent me a quote...i thought they had mis-understood my request when I saw the $700 price tag (for two peices of steel welded together!!) so I called and talked to the guy. He confired that it would be $700 just for the bracket and $1100 to install the PSC setup (if I so choose)...I told him he was absoultely nuts and there was no way I would pay that for a bracket...he laughed and agreed it was very expensive and wouldn't pay it either...

What kind of stupid customer service is that?

So...if there is anyone that can give me some advice or help on how I am to install the PSC ram to my ProRocks I am all ears.
you should understand that HCP does not like to do custom work! so to get something from them custom.. that's what they want you to pay! it's time and money.. they will not sell you anything JUNK regardless.. they standby their product and that's why they are one of the BEST shops in town if not the best!!

anyways

talk to Jarrett
hdcustomsllc.com
contact him and tell him I sent you over... I don't know if his estimate will be the same or not but it's worth a try

Last edited by Lo2aY; 02-09-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

I understand time and money, however welding two peices of steel together and drilling a hole is not worth $700!! I can almost get an entire roll cage custom built for that price (that includes TIG welding it in!!)

If they don't want to do "custom" parts then they should say no, and try this place...not chage an exorbant amount of money for a VERY simple peice of steel.

You do realize that even if they paid the tech guy $60 an hour that is 11 hours of labor charge!?!? Again we are talking about cutting two peices of steel and welding them at a 90 degree angle...unless i am missing something that should take a qualified welder/fabricator a total of 20 minutes to do at max...I would be willing to give them an hour of labor at $60/hour...that would have been reasonable.

Maybe my conception of reasonable pay for service rendered is squewed
Old 02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

thats an outrageous price
Old 02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Marine
I understand time and money, however welding two peices of steel together and drilling a hole is not worth $700!! I can almost get an entire roll cage custom built for that price (that includes TIG welding it in!!)

If they don't want to do "custom" parts then they should say no, and try this place...not chage an exorbant amount of money for a VERY simple peice of steel.

You do realize that even if they paid the tech guy $60 an hour that is 11 hours of labor charge!?!? Again we are talking about cutting two peices of steel and welding them at a 90 degree angle...unless i am missing something that should take a qualified welder/fabricator a total of 20 minutes to do at max...I would be willing to give them an hour of labor at $60/hour...that would have been reasonable.

Maybe my conception of reasonable pay for service rendered is squewed
Let me talk to them again and see what's that 700 for!

Last edited by Lo2aY; 02-09-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, 700 sounds a little high so whatever route you go, I highly recommend when the mount is designed, make it twice as strong as you think it should be and gusset the hell out of it on the axle housing. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Junkie

Here is a response from HCP to your Thread

1. Bracket Quote Explained:

As we see it, both the track bar mount and PSC mount have to share the same bracket. Changing this mount is more difficult than just welding "a very simple piece of steel" together. Geometry is the first aspect of suspension design and when the track bar mount is changed so will the roll center and bump steer angle. Furthermore the added stress from the ram needs to be accounted for. There is already a ton of stress on the track bar mount and the ram will compound it.

So with that being said we would correct your existing roll center and set the track bar in relation to the draglink to eliminate bump steer. We also guarantee that the track bar / ram mount will not rip off the axle. We do it right the first time because we hate the old motto, "why is there never enough money to do it right the first time but always money to do it over".

If you don't need all this come and see us (also so we can see your vehicle) and we will discuss the options before flaming us on the internet.

2. Custom Work:

we're not scared of or dislike custom work. Last time I was in the garage there was a 1957 Chevy and we're doing a custom four link / Ford 9", custom LS3 motor / Tremac transmission swap, and custom front suspension on. Remember most of Luai's Jeep is custom.

We just want people to understand custom work takes time. Our shop rate is $95/hour and we charge direct time. You pay for what you get, period.

3. Stupid Customer Service:

I wasn't the one who talked to you so I can't explain what exactly happened. All I can say is that I wouldn't pay for it because I can do it myself-and I know Erik would say the same. Put yourself in our shoes, when you cry about the price how should we react?

We have been here for 30 years because we don't jerk people around and don't give labor away for free. How many "custom" shops in Denver have come and gone? We are the best shop in Colorado and will continue to be with or without you as a customer.

4. My Personal Reaction:

Your 20 minute time guess is absurd. I bet you can't get the vehicle on a hoist and the front tires off in 20... Let alone removing the old bracket, mocking up the new bracket (ensuring your geometry is correct), cutting it, tacking it, cycling the suspension and steering, finish welding it, painting it, reinstall the track bar, align the vehicle, and finally test drive!

If you can get a roll cage custom bent and TIG welded for $700, I'll take one for every vehicle I own.

Brady Lehr

Last edited by mkjeep; 02-09-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: non sponsor contact info
Old 02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

while your at it you should add a skid plate....even more$$$

ORE made mine rock proof! This is the only pic I could find.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	36947  
Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

If you can get a roll cage custom bent and TIG welded for $700, I'll take one for every vehicle I own.

Brady Lehr
now that we're clear on what $700 bucks was for...very understandable

I also agree on the "700 dollar TIG'd roll cage" statement....you can barely get the steel for $700. I have over $4,000 invested in just my cage... thats DOM steel, functionally welded and bolted to the frame, and run through the dash.

I knew a guy that once working outta his garage, said he'd do the cage in my dad's YJ (which is WAY easier than a JK) for $800.....it was his first cage....at the end of the job he said "NEVER AGAIN" lol...charging way more the next time

that leaves me to assume your "$700 cage fabricator" is either inexperienced or just retarded

Last edited by mkjeep; 02-09-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: non sponsor contact info
Old 02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Call Jarrett at HD. He could build a custom bumper for less than $700. Yes there is some effort in designing the bracket and installing it, but $700 is out of control.

Quick Reply: Need PSC Bracket Help!!!