Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

need pics of...

Old 10-19-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need pics of...

I am looking to purchase the Rugged Ridge Modular bumper. I am looking at the non winch mount with tube ends. Anyone have Pics of this. I saw the non winch with regular ends, and it looked a bit plain, so i figure the tube ends would give a bit of character.

If i went with a winch mount, but do not have a winch at this time, what do you do with the space where the mount goes? Are there filler plates or anyting like that?

Thanks.

-Evan

Last edited by evan631; 10-19-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's not XHD, but mopar makes something like what you're looking for.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evan631
I am looking to purchase the Rugged Ridge Modular bumper. I am looking at the non winch mount with tube ends. Anyone have Pics of this. I saw the non winch with regular ends, and it looked a bit plain, so i figure the tube ends would give a bit of character.

If i went with a winch mount, but do not have a winch at this time, what do you do with the space where the mount goes? Are there filler plates or anyting like that?

Thanks.

-Evan
Not exactly what you are asking for but it might help you out. I thought the base bumper by itself looked plain and it didnt protect the grill corners so I got the stubby ends.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys!

Curious if there are any more pics out there. I really would like to see the non winch with tube ends.

Also, if someone can answer me, if i buythe winch mount (I have no winch), is there a filler plate where the winch is installed?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You think like i do! If i had a winch bumper with no winch i wouldn't like the gaping hole. But i do not think any inset winch bumper comes with a plate to cover the hole because after you get a winch that plate is useless... It would be very easy to get a piece of metal or even plastic for that matter and bedline it and bolt it up to make a winch mount "delete" option.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cold
Not exactly what you are asking for but it might help you out. I thought the base bumper by itself looked plain and it didnt protect the grill corners so I got the stubby ends.

Love the look of those end caps. I wanted to get this exact bumper setup it looks the best in my opinion.But didn't want to spend the money yet, I want bigger tires first.

Last edited by JK RUBI REDROCK; 10-20-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK RUBI REDROCK
Love the look of those end caps. I wanted to get this exact bumper setup it looks the best in my opinion.But didn't want to spend the money yet, I want bigger tires first.
That's my other issue...I still have stock wheels and tires. That is why i want ends other than stubbys. After i get larger wheels, i would probably go stubby.

I would like to get the winch mount, and run without winch. Unfortunately, I am not handy in the shop, and I would not want to try and make a plate, and drill into bumper.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

As far as the XHD bumper like above they don't make a plate to fill in the hole left if you get a winch ready bumper without a winch. You would have to deal with the hole being there which in my opinion is a lot better than having to buy a new bumper or winch plate when you are ready to add a winch, just my 2 cents
Old 10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Is this what your looking for?..... XHD bumper, no winch and tube ends.
I did add a MBRP light bar instead of the Rugged Ridge and also added longer bolts
so you could use the shackles and/or the tow hooks.
Click image for larger version

Name:	jk27.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	226162
Old 10-20-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a pic of my xhd bumper with a winch
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111020_194836.jpg
Views:	155