Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

need pic of JK with REAR bumper skin removed.....

Old 01-26-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need pic of JK with REAR bumper skin removed.....

Just what the title says.....I need a picture of a JK with the rear bumper skin removed. I have an idea for a project, but want to see whats behind the bumper before I start.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Just pull the stock one off it takes no more than 5 minutes
If I take it off I don't think I will be able to get mine back on. The bottom and one corner have been rubbed through by rocks and such and while it doesn't look good its better than nothing............
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the best pics, but they might help. There are a couple of braces that bolt on each side of the frame and 2 braces that bolt to the top of the crossmember that hold the actual plastic bumper in place.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
If you want a new one you can have mine gratis
Man thats very kind of you, but I am planning on building a very simple custom bumper.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesn't get more simple than the one i did -- just plate welded right to the frame and receiver hitch, cut each corner off to eliminate that sharp edge and paint it black, took about and hour, pics are in my signature or on here ......

http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.php?photo=15401
Old 12-19-2009, 12:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JKSTER
it doesn't get more simple than the one i did -- just plate welded right to the frame and receiver hitch, cut each corner off to eliminate that sharp edge and paint it black, took about and hour, pics are in my signature or on here ......

http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.php?photo=15401
Do you have any more pics of the rear bumper mod? I'm thinking of doing that and adding Bumperettes to it.

Quick Reply: need pic of JK with REAR bumper skin removed.....