Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Need help deciding on a bender

Old 10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help deciding on a bender

Wwll since my HF bender decided to break on me i think its time to upgrade to a real bender. Problem is i cant decide on which one to go for

the choices are a JD2 mdl32 (heavy duty)
and a pro-tools heavy duty

the jd is cheaper for the bending unit but the dies are very expensive (up to $550)
tbe pro tools is more for the unit and the dies cap at $300

the jd has a max capacity of 2 1/2"
the pro tools caps at 2"

im not sure on the common avalibility of dom tubing sizes to make a good decision
so im divided on my decision. I can use all the input anyone with experience on any model has to offer
Old 10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

just short of building a custom cage you wont need to do anything out of tubing lager than 2" and i dont think you would want to do an entire cage w/ a hand bender anyway.

for me personally i would probably go w/ the JD2 only because even if i wont use it to its fullest capacity i still like having the versatility, basically better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it type of deal.

Last edited by JdTms11; 10-24-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the JD2 and have used it for a few years with no problems and great results. Way better than what you had.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding on a bender