Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Wife is the Greatest!

Old 05-08-2009, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. The new setup looks awesome and believe it or not my wife just gave me the OK to do the exact same tire upgrade. I think we have a couple keepers.

Just installed the new rims and tires last week. She thinks I am nuts but is happy I have a hobby.

Nice color Jeep by the way.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cojk
Title says it all. Not only did she accompany me with my toddler son to the Easter Jeep Safari, but she also gave me the okay to get my 35's KM2's and a new LoD Rer bumper and carrier!

Which finish is that? The textured or matte?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Looks great!!

I'm still confused about why the wife has to give the okay to buy things you want, especially if it's your money. I don't think I'm ever going to understand. I buy what I want when I want it, no one can tell me otherwise. As long as all the bills are paid and there's still money going into savings, splurging here and there isn't a bad thing.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Looks great!!

I'm still confused about why the wife has to give the okay to buy things you want, especially if it's your money. I don't think I'm ever going to understand. I buy what I want when I want it, no one can tell me otherwise. As long as all the bills are paid and there's still money going into savings, splurging here and there isn't a bad thing.
For the most part I 100% agree but once you start getting into the number with 2 or 3 zeros it's always a good thing to have the wife aware it definitely helps to keep the peace.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice setup! how's the gearing workin out for ya? i plan on going 34's with the rubi rims, and i was gonna re-gear eventually. but if the 35's work ok - decent, then i wouldn't mind not using 6th gear and saving the cost of re-gearing. im running the 3.21 or something, so its less then what i saw someone else say about your rig, the 3.7somethings.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does your wife want a second husband?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All ya'll have to do is hook her up with a cool jeeping friend's wife. Once they are friends, the seed has taken root. Then let the women's competitive nature take over from there.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

My fiance bought me a 9.5TI just for the helluva it, I just bought her a 12000 ring the following week, going to get married in Boston in '10, lobster bake, any takers.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default My Wife is the Greatest

Thanks everybody, yeah I like the setup too! I have a 6 speed and 4:10 gears, in town it's fine not much difference. I have not had a chance to head to the hills yet, I'm sure I'll notice it there the higher I climb.

The rear bumper carrier is Matte finish.

Cluing the wife on the goodies just makes life a whole lot easier when it starts adding up.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats, now head over to the western slope and lets do some wheeling. Isnt having a awesome wife the best. My wife knew it killed me when i traded my decked out 2004 rubi to start my landscaping company, so 2 years later she bought me 1 for fathers day. Best present i will ever get

Quick Reply: My Wife is the Greatest!