Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My wheel......fell off

Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great. Now the tire shop is claiming that someone tried to steal them..... I pointed out that they would've taken the spare if that was the case. Only places I went were high activity places like Wal-Mart and Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the CWS
Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would tell the tire shop they need to pay for damages. If they do not then go through your insurance and pay the deductible. Tell your insurance what happened they will Likely go after the tire shop for the damages and may even cover the deductible when they settle.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebelyell22
Great. Now the tire shop is claiming that someone tried to steal them..... I pointed out that they would've taken the spare if that was the case. Only places I went were high activity places like Wal-Mart and Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the CWS
Of course they're saying that. It's a standard CYA move. Tell them that they can have the rest of that conversation with your attorney if they'd like to go down that road. They know their employee screwed up. I bet it's not the first time. Just stand firm, they'll cave. Make them pay for it all so your insurance premium doesn't go up. Just don't let them do the labor

Last edited by Rule18; 07-01-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Should I go for diminished value? My dad told me the insurance company is thinking about suing the wheel place now. I just want my Jeep back lol

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebelyell22
Should I go for diminished value? My dad told me the insurance company is thinking about suing the wheel place now. I just want my Jeep back lol

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
If it get turned into insurance,, YES,,

Tom
Old 07-03-2013, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. Glad your ok. I worked at discount tire co. when I was in hs for 3 yrs. What happened to you was not your fault. But ive seen this time and time again. Before anyone leaves a tire shop they should check the lug nuts. These corporate shops have morning meetings on car counts and sales ticket averages. Thats why you can get your tires or oil changed without some punk telling you, you need brake pads, valve stems, air filters, and an engine flush.
A good rule of thumb for installing new wheels though is check and retorque at 50/100 miles. They will be loose I promise.

Quick Reply: My wheel......fell off