Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Weekend Project

Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Weekend Project

Hello everybody, Wiltron here, and I finally decided to show off all my hard work (so far) with my 2012 JK Rubicon.

Here's a list of what was done:
  • 2" Budget Boost (No work-in-progress pictures, sorry.. dirty fingers and $2300 camera's don't mix nicely)
  • 1" Driver side seat riser
  • License plate relocation (Center of spare tire)
  • Rugged Ridge Tail lamp grill guards installed
  • Carpet tear out and heat/sound goop removed
  • Factory subwoofer delete, factory trim delete
  • Bed liner applied all over the place (including in my mouth.. by accident)
  • Front Grill painted and bed lined
  • Custom Made Front Grill metal mesh / bug screen installed
  • Dually D2s wired and installed on Windshield brackets (In the 2nd picture of the album below, you can see the switch I mounted for these)
  • Wireloomed almost everything
  • Under hood insulation removed (No Pictures)
  • General maintenance and K&N Install (No Pictures)
  • Wheel's painted and bed lined
  • Accessories and their cases installed in various places

Obligatory high-res picture gallery here: Jeep Stuff - Imgur

Work-In-Progress and Info about the individual projects:

Most of the work was all labour, and very cheap on parts when I needed them. I bought some grade 10 extra long bolts from a friend for the seat riser, and some grade 8 steel spacers from Brafasco, each were under $5. The bed liner used was Rustoleum bed liner in a can. Very forgiving stuff, if you spray too heavy you can dab it up our spread it out with your finger and it dries natural. Seven cans in total, and I have roughly half a can left, each was $10. This stuff is NOT forgiving on your skin - paint thinner refused to remove it from my finger nails. I had to carefully use a belt sander with some very fine grit paper to get this stuff off - WEAR GLOVES.

The windshield brackets are poison spider, $120 - Straight forward installation, just use blue lock tight on the bolts afterwards.
The licence plate kit was Rugged Ridge, $90 - Horrible installation; the kit is designed for Australian (or very wide) plates. Had to customize the hardware to get it to work, and use a metal licence plate bracket to hold it all together.

Any questions about the work in progress, the jobs done, or whatever, feel free to ask
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

im all for creativity..but it looks like u basically aged that truck 10 years in a weekend....why buy new if your going to do that?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

I didn't want the soft touchy-feely carpet getting all muddy and destroyed.. plus when it rains, if the windows are out on the soft top, the carpets hold the water in place which will eventually cause rust..

I'm doing the prep work so that in 10 years, I don't have to worry about cutting metal and what not

Plus: A Jeep isn't supposed to be a comfortable SUV type vehicle, it's supposed to be rugged and ready to tackle anything.. this just makes it more in that tune

Quick Reply: My Weekend Project