Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My visit to ACE Engineering and Fab in Warren Michigan

Old 09-15-2011, 01:40 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both the stubby front bumper and the rock rails - total quality products. Adam is a great guy to deal with. On the bumper install I had a question for him and left a message on his cell. He called back (on a Sunday) within 5 minutes. Great quality service. When I ordered the rails, once again I had to contact him about the shipping date. When he called me the first thing he asked was "so, have you destroyed anything with the front bumper yet?". Classic.

American made and great quality. I stand by ACE.

DJR
Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Wow Im surprised they are so close! Now you are going to Bundy Hill to test them out on the 25th right?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharkey
Anyone know offhand the correct torque for the body mount bolt related to this install? Assuming the technical name is the body isolator mounting bolt, it looks like the torque is 80ft.lbs. (according to the Forum chart). Me being the idiot that I am, I want to make sure I'm not confusing the mounting bolt with the body nuts since the recommended torque is so different.

I'm helping another member (MTG) install these tonight. Thanks!
You are correct, 80 is what you want.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racin444
Wow Im surprised they are so close! Now you are going to Bundy Hill to test them out on the 25th right?
Heck yeah! The first big rock I see, I'm gonna climb it!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Lighting Guy

You are correct, 80 is what you want.
Thanks. We went with 80 and got the rails put on in time for a couple of beers. Very solid product, perfect match with the factory Rubi rails, and very straightforward install.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharkey
Thanks. We went with 80 and got the rails put on in time for a couple of beers. Very solid product, perfect match with the factory Rubi rails, and very straightforward install.
So why did you replace the Rubi rails? Aren't these close to identical?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by armyretiree

They work with the rubi rails, so he didn't replace... Ace mount below them to the body mounts of the frame.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by armyretiree

Originally Posted by BLK08JK

They work with the rubi rails, so he didn't replace... Ace mount below them to the body mounts of the frame.
This was on my buddy's 2012 JKU Rubi. He kept the rails and, like stated above, the ACE rails compliment and fit up against the Rubi rails. Honestly, the whole package looks factory. The color and texture match was perfect to my eyes and the install was simple once we borrowed a grinder from my neighbor for the OEM washers. At first we were trying to use an air cutoff wheel and I think it took about ten minutes to cut one washer. The grinder went right through with no problems.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:29 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought I'd chime in here...

Thanks to Sharkey for help on the install (in fact, he agreed to help and host)!

Easy install. Product is great! And to echo an above comment...Adam is a great guy to work with. Hard to find that kind of customer service this day and age. He answered all my questions before I purchased, shipped them out the next day, and returned my calls within minutes.

I would highly recommend the ACE rock rails. Now I'm eyeing their front and soon-to-be-released rear bumpers.

I attached a pic so I didn't get the "this thread is useless without...." It was getting dark so the pic is not the best.

Sorry for the hijack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0056.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	211354  
Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got back from getting my rails.

First of all adam is an amazing guy! Quick to answer everything I asked. Stayed late after they closed to wait for me to get there, had it all laid out for the install.showed me the new fenders that are soon to be released, as well as there bumpers and tire carrier. Amazing products and amazing company! Great prices and great products!

The 2 pictures show the fender clearance, 4 inch rough country lift with 35 mud grapplers. And a whole lot of room.

Other picture is my jeep with new rails
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110923_172002.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	214572   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110923_172020.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	214573   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110923_172036.jpg
Views:	172