Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My version of the Willy's Edition

Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post pics of the lift install...would love to see it. Subscribed!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-601889444.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	459446 lift is in. Going to do write up with pics. A bunch of changes to the Teraflex instructions to save folks headaches
Old 05-20-2013, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

US Flags came today.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3080879672.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	459940  
Old 05-20-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Tires are in Virginia now. Only a few more days. Lift looks good. Amazing how much a 2.5" Tereflex lift changes the look

Name:	image-1523277877.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	459941  
Old 05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scorpionkill
Tires are in Virginia now. Only a few more days. Lift looks good. Amazing how much a 2.5" Tereflex lift changes the look
Looks great...some Rockstar's...to complete the look. I am sure I will get heat for this.

All my best...jason

PS...had a 42 Willy's, with a plow, rare Navy one, grab drab. It was like a big four wheeler.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

I like the Rockstars but too much money. Besides thinking about painting my steeliness OD green. Going to see once they get here. I would love a real Willys. Some day
Old 05-20-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Shaaaaweeeet! Looking good. BTW, just found out by Teraflex today they are no longer selling driveshafts, so if you're thinking about changing those out, it will have to be someone other than them. Again, your rig is looking great.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Well after a day of driving the Jeep with the lift installed I must say I am very happy. Absolutely amazing how much the look of the Jeep changes with even the 2.5" kit. The Jeep looks big, I can't wait for my tires and rims to be delivered this week.

Here is some advice for those of you contemplating this lift. Do yourself a favor and buy the shocks or other shocks with this kit if you live in a snow area. Both my front upper shocks broke while trying to get the nut off the top. My Jeep is 2008 and is in great shape underneath but just a little rust can lead to a broken shock. You do not have to loosen the control arms in the front, the axle will drop plenty far enough tho get the springs out and the new ones installed. Be ready to get frustrated a bit with the Teraflex instructions. Most sizes they reference in the instructions are dead on but there were also times I had to go to the tool box because the bolts/nuts sizes the instructions listed were not correct. When installing the included rear track bar bracket tighten the control arm bolts before you put your wheels back on. The rear bumper blocks will be in your way once your tires are back on and you will only be able to get a wrench on it. Having a set of TALL jack stands makes a huge difference.

My compressor was acting up so I had to do it all via hand tools which adds so much extra time to the job. I took my time and just enjoyed it. When installing the front passenger spring there is a trick to it. You can install the bump stop extensions and yellow bumps tops before the springs. The drivers side gives you enough room to easily get the spring in. Twist the spring while lifting to help the tight coil at the top get over the bs extension. On the passenger side the track bar and tie rod doesn't let you easily get the spring in. If you lay the spring down with the bottom parallel with the the track bar towards the drivers side you can tilt the top up and over the bs extension. It will go right on.

Ride feels softer then stock which at first takes some getting used to. Make sure to center your steering wheel or else your ESP light will come on and you will also get the ESP BAS light. Put a piece of tape in the top center of your steering wheel and turn the adjuster slightly and look at the wheel once your tape is in the center cinch the bar down.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

If you really want that "willy's look" may I suggest flat fenders,, or trim the stock ones to save the bucks. Cant wait to see what you do with this!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Tower of goodness has arrived

Name:	image-3125859403.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	460902  

Quick Reply: My version of the Willy's Edition