Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Turn at a rear bumper, tire carrier, and jerry can holder fabrication..

Old 11-12-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't make a parts sheet but mentioned it in my write up..I will get a list together..

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

absolutely love the carrier...i know ur busy as hell...but i would love a close up of ur latch...this is gonna be my first fab as well...any help as to where to get the swivel would be appreciated as well...thanks...love all ur builds
Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Yea man...i'll Shoot ya some pics of the latch. The mount for the carrier is from a to z fabrication. They sell a normal and heavy duty version. I used the normal one. If I recall they have a bumper builder kit also. Might want to check that out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Coondog33
absolutely love the carrier...i know ur busy as hell...but i would love a close up of ur latch...this is gonna be my first fab as well...any help as to where to get the swivel would be appreciated as well...thanks...love all ur builds
Here is a pic of the latch I used:

And here is the link to where you can buy it:
Toggle Latch

And here is the link to the heavy duty hinge from A to Z Fab
Tire Carrier Hinge
Old 11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thats great man... I just started fabing some rock sliders. I'll be taking some pics tomorrow and posting on a new thread. My next fab will be the bumper you made. I like it and am all about fabing as much as I can. I was thinking of using a ball hinge and a nelson pin for my carrier until I saw yours. it looks so much stronger than what I was putting together..

hands down beautiful build man.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rutdigger
Here is a pic of the latch I used:

And here is the link to where you can buy it:
Toggle Latch

And here is the link to the heavy duty hinge from A to Z Fab
Tire Carrier Hinge

NICE..thank you so much....
Old 11-12-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk-willys
Thats great man... I just started fabing some rock sliders. I'll be taking some pics tomorrow and posting on a new thread. My next fab will be the bumper you made. I like it and am all about fabing as much as I can. I was thinking of using a ball hinge and a nelson pin for my carrier until I saw yours. it looks so much stronger than what I was putting together..

hands down beautiful build man.
If you need any help along the way shoot me a PM. Post some pics when you get it done..

Quick Reply: My Turn at a rear bumper, tire carrier, and jerry can holder fabrication..